Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Reading the WORST team...

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pointless possession at the back from the Poyet (Amex era) and Garcia coaching manual.

Strangely, as the home team we simply bided our time for opportunities, with fantastic counter attacking, as shown by goals 2 and 3.

More of the same please.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
To think I was worried about today they were rubbish poorest team we have played all season. It wasn't as if they parked the bus they were tacticly clueless.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Did McShane make a single forward pass?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm quite encouraged by Reading's performance which I thought was decent. They were unlucky to come up against a very good Brighton side.
The good news is that they need to bounce back and they play Newcastle at home on 7th March. I think they stand a great chance of beating the Geordies.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
...to have that amount of possession at the Amex?

Excluding us under Poyet and Garcia of course.

I think they created one chance? ONE.

Excluding us under Poyet? I NEVER saw us play that ineffectually under Poyet. To play that way you have to be able to play it out from the back, we did that in the championship under Poyet, but they just couldn't do it tonight.

Our 4-4-2 totally foxed them and their best chances came from long balls. However they should carry on, we developed that style in league 1, its hard to do it in the champ, and especially away at the league leaders - I'll give them a pass

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Excluding us under Poyet? I NEVER saw us play that ineffectually under Poyet. To play that way you have to be able to play it out from the back, we did that in the championship under Poyet, but they just couldn't do it tonight.

Our 4-4-2 totally foxed them and their best chances came from long balls. However they should carry on, we developed that style in league 1, its hard to do it in the champ, and especially away at the league leaders - I'll give them a pass

There were a few times under poyet and Garcia when we created zero chances and just passed it across the back. It was very reminiscent of some of those performances.

Yoda

English & European

This, Reading were slow and very, VERY deep with their possession tonight and like you allude to, that was us the second half of Poyets 1st bit of a season in League 1.

Brighton under Poyet in the Championship created a lot more (yes there were off days) from his possession game than Reading did tonight.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
There were a few times under poyet and Garcia when we created zero chances and just passed it across the back. It was very reminiscent of some of those performances.

On the odd occasion, but it was usually when the oppositon played deep. Tonight Reading went back and back and back. When Poyet's team were pressed that high we got it forward, Reading looked lost tonight

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here