Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad news if you fancy an early one in Dicks, Southern fail

big hilda

Feb 13, 2013
My doppelgänger at polegate station is refusing season ticket travel until two hours before kick off. Southern memo apparantly.

Can this company get any more customer unfriendly? Don't answer!

:angry:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I always thought it was three hours before and after...not that I've ever known them to enforce it.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I use mine all day match day and not had a problem. ST that is.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This is from the Travel Guide.

You can use your match day ticket, season ticket,or proof of match day ticket purchase to use most services between 11:30am and 9pm for a 3pm kick off and between 4:15pm and midnight for a 7:45pm kick off. Free travel services for other kick-off times will vary accordingly

Therefore for a 5.30 kick off, the free train travel should be available 2pm not just from 3.30pm.

And this on a day when the club are advising fans to arrive early.

You really can't make up how bad Southern are

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's 4.5 hours for 3pm and 7.45pm kickoffs........

3459b2051ba064762684ca8a6f3438a1.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is from the Travel Guide.

You can use your match day ticket, season ticket,or proof of match day ticket purchase to use most services between 11:30am and 9pm for a 3pm kick off and between 4:15pm and midnight for a 7:45pm kick off. Free travel services for other kick-off times will vary accordingly

Therefore for a 5.30 kick off, the free train travel should be available 2pm not just from 3.30pm.

And this on a day when the club are advising fans to arrive early.

Top T&C work that man! :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

No. No you can't. As a business entity they are the absolute enemies of what in a normal franchise would be their customer base. DfT's to blame. Southern get paid up-front whether they run any kind of train service, or whether they run no service at all. Tax-payer picks up the bill. Somebody in government should go to jail over this. Or as a minimum be tarred and feathered and paraded at half time round the Amex. Total *****.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
My doppelgänger at polegate station is refusing season ticket travel until two hours before kick off. Southern memo apparantly.

Can this company get any more customer unfriendly? Don't answer!

:angry:

Did you ask to see the memo? Scandalous.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Forget T&Cs. This is the sort of nonsense DESTROYING this country. The gall of it must stick like a cactus in the OPs throat: when Southern fail do bother to turn up, their employees behave like utter bell ends. Ow, that's because they are...my bad!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Forget T&Cs. This is the sort of nonsense DESTROYING this country. The gall of it must stick like a cactus in the OPs throat: when Southern fail do bother to turn up, their employees behave like utter bell ends. Ow, that's because they are...my bad!

If you are blaming the individual employees, then I'd respectfully suggest that it's you that's the utter bell-end. You're probably one of of those twats that yells at some poor just-above-minimum-wage sap in a hi-viz jacket for all the wrong reasons. Maybe look a bit deeper into the reasons for this ongoing shit?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Contrast with Brighton and Hove buses who let you travel from T Wells for nothing even though its well outside the travel zone

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If you are blaming the individual employees, then I'd respectfully suggest that it's you that's the utter bell-end. You're probably one of of those twats that yells at some poor just-above-minimum-wage sap in a hi-viz jacket for all the wrong reasons. Maybe look a bit deeper into the reasons for this ongoing shit?
wrong. Jumped to spectacular wrong conclusion. Come back when you've wiped all that egg off your angry mug.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here