Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NUFC Fans foodbank initiative - could we do similar?

Would you be interested in supporting local foodbanks?

• Total voters

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Last year Newcastle fans started a scheme for home matches where they donate money and food for local foodbanks - you can read more about it here:

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/launch-of-the-nufc-supporters-foodbank/

https://mcxv.com/football-foodbank-roaring-success-just-start/

Obviously its a disgrace that foodbanks are needed in a 21st Century 1st world country, but I think this is an excellent idea. Obviously it would need approval from the Albion and I've got no experience in setting anything like this up, but would people in principle be interested if this sort of scheme was available?

Z

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I like the Geordie's. All in all decent football fans imo

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why not just take the middle man out, and if you're interested just take food to your local foodbank.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Foodbanks already exist in most major supermarkets for those that wish to contribute.

On the other hand, the club and its catering suppliers distributing unused post-match food that would otherwise be binned to local homeless shelters (and expanded to include charities such as Help The Aged if they have a same-day distribution mechanism in place) like the Albion did after the fogged-off Cardiff match is a no-brainer and IMHO should be built into our club's and every club's standard catering policy. Criminal to throw perfectly good food away on such a scale.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Sounds a good idea. Is the best route to go via AITC?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I think food banks are a great idea. There will always be people in any society that will need a helping hand and if one form of help is a food bank giving away free surplus/donated food then so be it. This not only helps feed those who need it but also prevents a hell of a lot of food being wasted and dumped at a landfill. Foodbanks not only help those on a low income but hundreds of charities that run food kitchens for a hot, healthy meal also benefit from the excess food.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why make this thread political,as if they did not exist when Labour were in power..

and other countries. we shouldnt need food banks, but they serve a role for those in hardship. the alternative is more handouts from government. the root problem, balancing expenses vs income remains.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The idea seems great. How about setting aside the Punch and Judy political insults and doing something for those less fortunate?x

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Sometimes I mourn the passing of the dislike button.

This thread is about helping the less fortunate locally, not for political squabbling.

Try the search facility, there are many threads dedicated to political discussion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here