Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] How did Australia suddenly get good?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I though Australia were going through a tough spell, being beaten by everyone. They've just absolutely pulverised India, winning by 333 runs. It's the first time that India have been beaten at home since 2012.

Seeing that this Indian team beat us 4-0 just a few months ago, it doesn't augur well for the Ashes next winter.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They've just found themselves two top class spinners. Their batting was nothing special - just skittled the Indians out twice (spinners took all ten wickets in the second innings).

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Still looking forward to my trip to Perth, it can't be any worse than 2013, however good these spinners are.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
They've been good for a while. The rankings show that.

O'Keefe worries me when we play for the Ashes. 32 year old who's come out of nowhere and looks dangerous.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Easy to understand, we were so poor in India that India have lost their edge and their batsmen decided to do a very good impression of an England batting collapse.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
The main differences are that:

a) Australia have a couple of decent spinners who can trouble Indian batsmen in Indian conditions, and
b) Australia's batsmen play a lot more cricket in India than English batsmen do as Australia regularly tour India and play IPL and so they are used to playing against good quality spinners in Indian conditions, whereas English batsmen don't face good quality spinners in spin friendly conditions so often and so consequently their technique flounders when they come up against quality spinners on spin-friendly wickets.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
They have batters that can play spin and bowlers that can bowl spin.
We don't!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Australia have carried on where they left off last week - Latest score in the 2nd Test in Bangalore - India 188/8 having won the toss and batted first.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I though Australia were going through a tough spell, being beaten by everyone. They've just absolutely pulverised India, winning by 333 runs. It's the first time that India have been beaten at home since 2012.

Seeing that this Indian team beat us 4-0 just a few months ago, it doesn't augur well for the Ashes next winter.

No it doesn't. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here