Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone explain why....

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Trump or U.S affairs are the first and main story on the BBC News front page these days?

Seems the U.S mainstream media dominate the west and appear on BBC front pages infront of our own affairs? It's starting to piss me off somewhat.. Would like to hear other opinions on the matter!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If you select the UK tab on the front page then only UK news will be view-able.

The home page defaults to a mixture of UK and World news and you will be served whatever is the main news whether it be Trump or something else happening!

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
The "default" news page is all Trump....http://www.bbc.co.uk/

Why should I have to select a seperate tab from the default news page to get away from U.S headline news everytime I visit the BBC news? This is a state paid UK news service...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Why should I have to select a seperate tab from the default news page to get away from U.S headline news everytime I visit the BBC news? This is a state paid UK news service...

Simply because Trump is the main news worldwide. Also that is not the default 'news' page. It is the BBC homepage.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Trump or U.S affairs are the first and main story on the BBC News front page these days?

Seems the U.S mainstream media dominate the west and appear on BBC front pages infront of our own affairs? It's starting to piss me off somewhat.. Would like to hear other opinions on the matter!

The same as American lifes matter more than any other nationality.
If there is a natural disaster in say, India and America on the same day, the American one gets far more coverage in the British media than the Indian one. It's always been like this.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Whilst I somewhat agree with the OP, I am beginning to fall into line being those already worried by Trump. A President who effectively 'bans' the BBC from press briefings has something to hide, worrying times maybe.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Whilst I somewhat agree with the OP, I am beginning to fall into line being those already worried by Trump. A President who effectively 'bans' the BBC from press briefings has something to hide, worrying times maybe.

Exactly. A man who cites non existent terrorist attack in Sweden and then blabbers on about fake news corporations. It's his mantra, I agree that he probably has something to hide, possibly his tax returns, and if anything ever comes out, he's conditioning the American people not to trust the press.

Worrying times when the leader of the free world is gagging the freedom of the press!!!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I agree but I have always been worried about him being in this position but his Presidency is ''sadly'' ''Cabaret'' !

He has seen his bad Press over 35 years actually seen him prosper and he is now believing all the hype about himself. He now sees himself as untouchable if he goes on the offensive. That's because he has been untouchable because his wealth has grow and grown over those 35 years.

He is using a very serious job to raise his personal profile worldwide and he has never been held accountable in all that time. That means he is continuing to do so because his profile has improved year after year.

Now what he says and does in the next 4 years will gradually impact on everyone around the world and as for the most part it will impact on people negatively, which will not be nice but I for one will continue to watch and enjoy as he bit by bit takes more and more rope to ''hang himself with''

Yes it shouldn't be taking headline news in the UK but the slightly sadistic side of me wants to gloat as it unfolds.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

What are you on about? Just used your link. Only one Trump related article on that page (Media groups condemn US briefing bar), although he is mentioned in the report about the Indian man shot by a nutjob in the USA.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

We live on earth. It's one of the most important news stories on earth. It sells papers.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
What are you on about? Just used your link. Only one Trump related article on that page (Media groups condemn US briefing bar), although he is mentioned in the report about the Indian man shot by a nutjob in the USA.

Well the news has obviously changed since I posted the bbc link, but as you missed it here we go...

Uav0vRD.jpg

My point is 9 out of 10 times I go on the BBC main page it's dominated by U.S news and politics and usualy placed above our own affairs.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well the news has obviously changed since I posted the bbc link, but as you missed it here we go...

Uav0vRD.jpg

My point is 9 out of 10 times I go on the BBC main page it's dominated by U.S news and politics and usualy placed above our own affairs.
That's not what I get using your link now (can't do screen shot - sorry).

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Better question is why are so many threads on the first page of this forum discussing Trump and American current affairs? NSC should blatently get a pass to the press corps in the White House.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here