Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate fixing blinds

megcat

Sep 6, 2012
Chelwood Gate
My good lady has been nagging to get some new blinds at home. I have finally run out of reasons to avoid getting this done can any body recommend a good company for this.
Thanks

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

I used these guys for my kitchen 6 weeks ago and I must say I am very impressed with them. Made to measure blinds of great quality made and delivered in 10 days. Easy to fit yourself if you can hold a drill and save some cash at the same time. One tip I would go for is that if they are for a bathroom or kitchen I would get the faux wood ones. I know that sounds tacky (and I work for a joinery firm so it does pain me to buy faux wood) but they look great and the entire blind can be taken down and soaked in the bath to clean them which is great if you have a gas hob that can make things a bit sticky (or if you can't be arsed to clean them regularly). Further to this real wood will likely warp in steamy conditions so buyer beware!

I would upload a picture but it keeps saying 'upload failed' for some reason.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I didn't see this thread coming...

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I have used Clive at Simply Blinding a couple of times. Excellent service and not too expensive. Family firm based in Hove area.

Yes, highly recommended from me too.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Blinds cannot be fitted legally without a child safety release.
Thought I'd share that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As of this morning I'm on the same job. Going to see some 'Wilson blinds' in the morning, will report back.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Seems like a decent place to ask. Anyone got a recommendation for a place that does blinds for windows that aren't square or rectangular? I've got triangular windows above the conservatory doors. Ta.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here