Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Annual reminder to switch energy providers

1 Not allowed!
    For those that don't it really is pretty straightforward.

The Cheeserolls household has spent £1,265 this year on gas and electricity, based on a SSE fixed one year dual fuel tariff.

Do nothing and the same usage will cost £1,713 for the next year.

Moneysavingexpert.com https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/...701321predicts my best deal for next year will come in at £1,319, so a small increase.

I am just waiting on the outcome of the Big Community Switch auction https://bigcommunityswitch.ichoosr.c...s?actionId=544 to see if that deal can be beaten.

Come on folks there are plenty of better things you can be doing with your money.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Yup, I started switching last year and my current deal runs out next week. I switch my mum this week for her too. It is pretty easy, really. The only problem we had this week for my mum was finding the gas meter reference number, which was supposed to be on the bills, but I couldn't find it. I did eventually find a number, which I hoped was the right one and put t in and it was accepted, so hoping it was ok. Must do mine today.
      Tricky-Art for perusal at your leisure. Warning : No Albion content (yet - maybe sometime)

http://www.painters-online.co.uk/artist/TrickyDicky
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Recently done it, switched to one of those small companies to see how they do, not sure who it is as Mrs Chopper sorted it but saving £300 per year.
      Changing energy, insurances, broadband/ Phone every year or so stinks the whole thing is poor, feel sorry for old people etc who can't or don't know how, it's all wrong and out of control.
      Getting rid of BT TV soon and O2 have just broken their 'contract' with me, so they can do one too.
      (I know it's in the small print but when I sign a contract with a customer that's how much I charge them, I don't/can't/ won't put it up halfway through.
      It all makes my piss boil.

0 Not allowed!
      If you are with one of the 'big' providers, especially on a standard tariff (generally standard = expensive, whatever they call it), then saving £300 per year is really quite straightforward.
      Depending on where you sit / your age etc, that's close to 50% off your season ticket

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CheeseRolls View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      For those that don't it really is pretty straightforward.

The Cheeserolls household has spent £1,265 this year on gas and electricity, based on a SSE fixed one year dual fuel tariff.

Do nothing and the same usage will cost £1,713 for the next year.

Moneysavingexpert.com https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/...701321predicts my best deal for next year will come in at £1,319, so a small increase.

I am just waiting on the outcome of the Big Community Switch auction https://bigcommunityswitch.ichoosr.c...s?actionId=544 to see if that deal can be beaten.

Come on folks there are plenty of better things you can be doing with your money.
      A 10% increase is small?
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      A 10% increase is small?
      Think you may want to check your calcs!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
      Think you may want to check your calcs!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      Yes I do silly me

0 Not allowed!
      A 10% increase is small?
      4.2% increase for current best tariff
      35.4% increase to do nothing.
      I am already on a very competitive tariff, so those that don't bother can see how much they are throwing away. There are likely to be more expensive standard tariffs than SSE my current provider as well.

0 Not allowed!
      Eon offer me several new tariffs every January. I am paying £30 less this year, than last, even though I'm still with them. £980 for 12 months dual fuel, paying by DD, with paperless bills. And they haven't put their prices up (yet).
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi

0 Not allowed!
      Yes I do silly me
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59937638.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	82462
      Only really an option for dual fuel customers - savings are much smaller with electric only and the savings haven't been enough to make me leave British Gas for a supplier I haven't heard of. I would happily leave them as I am not a fan but settling my bill to switch for a few quid has never seemed worth it. I still check every year but haven't bothered yet.
      RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man