Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fox Amongst The Gulls

Beliall

Feb 22, 2017
Hello Brighton fans, I'm a Leicester fan and I come in peace.

My son is turning 14 next week, and has asked if I could take him to the football, I thought it would be nice for him to visit the AMEX so he could possibly have a local team to support, as it was for me at his age, when I was taken to Filbert street for my first game.

I'm looking for suggestions and advice from you guys on here please, mainly, where might be best to get a seat, what to expect, what the best pie is, etc. We live in Newhaven and will be arriving by train.

And speaking as a Leicester fan, it would be nice to see a team score a goal, and maybe even win a match! Seeing Knockheart doing well for you is really great to see, he is still loved among foxes fans.

Nice to meet you all.

See you for the Blackburn game :)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Good choice.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Aim to arrive about 2pm to avoid busy trains and enjoy the pre-match/pies etc. North Stand a good option for 14 year old - choose seats in the front half if you don't want to stand up during the match ;)

Buying tickets online is easy, you'll need to register and be given fan numbers to use in future. Which means that we HAVE you.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Aim to arrive about 2pm to avoid busy trains and enjoy the pre-match/pies etc. North Stand a good option for 14 year old - choose seats in the front half if you don't want to stand up during the match ;)

Buying tickets online is easy, you'll need to register and be given fan numbers to use in future. Which means that we HAVE you.

You'd better not arrive at 2 O'clock if you get a ticket for this Saturday 'cos it's a 5.30 kick-off and we can do without someone eating all the pies. The Balti pie,when available, is the best. Welcome!

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
Join the young seagulls, get a fan number the purchase tickets for blackburn an adult and u18 is £18 incl telephone booking fee. Tickets in south stand only. With Mowbray in charge albion can't lose

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hi Beliall

So sad about the news tonight.

Nevermind.

Time to move on.

Wagner is the man you need. Please let us know how we can help your campaign to make him the next Leicester Manager.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

My son is turning 14 next week, and has asked if I could take him to the football, I thought it would be nice for him to visit the AMEX so he could possibly have a local team to support, as it was for me at his age, when I was taken to Filbert street for my first game.

I'm looking for suggestions and advice from you guys on here please, mainly, where might be best to get a seat, what to expect, what the best pie is, etc. We live in Newhaven and will be arriving by train.

And speaking as a Leicester fan, it would be nice to see a team score a goal, and maybe even win a match! Seeing Knockheart doing well for you is really great to see, he is still loved among foxes fans.

Nice to meet you all.

Got no better advice than already given but to say welcome aboard to your lad. There's nothing quite like supporting your local team and there's few things better as a dad than taking your kid regularly to the football. We won't always be this good but the friends that he will make will more than make up for it.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
A fellow Newhavener. Agree with the North Stand, east can be a bit quiet and sterile . Get there for 2 as others have said, and guest monthly pie is always worth a look - Chilli at the moment . Any other questions don't hesitate to ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Depends how you like your football really.

At 14 where he is probably of age, and as others have suggested, the North stand is where you want to be for noise and atmosphere. Seats are not readily available though as the stand is packed with ST holders.

If you prefer a side-on view then the Upper or Lower West is probably the best bet but obviously more expensive.

If you wrap your boy in cotton wool and don't like him hearing naughty words or people daring to stand up for brief moments, then visit the East.

If you're just picking and choosing games, sign your boy up as a young seagull as there are often deals where you can take him to the South stand for very reasonable prices.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Join the young seagulls, get a fan number the purchase tickets for blackburn an adult and u18 is £18 incl telephone booking fee. Tickets in south stand only. With Mowbray in charge albion can't lose

Best advice on here - this is a young seagulls special match. Do this Leicester man :thumbsup:

Beliall

Feb 22, 2017
Thanks everybody for the help, some really great advice to take on. Blackburn looking almost sold out, but we will make it to a home game soon I'm sure. Thanks for the warm welcome

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Thanks everybody for the help, some really great advice to take on. Blackburn looking almost sold out, but we will make it to a home game soon I'm sure. Thanks for the warm welcome

Last time I looked they'd got loads left in the South (near the away fans). The South might be a nice introduction for you both.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Firstly, we're the Seagulls, the Gulls are Torquay!

Other than that, welcome aboard. As another Newhavener, the trains are generally great for Saturday games but a nightmare for midweek games (fewer, shorter trains, more delays). Last time I tried to get a train to a midweek game I got home at 12:30am, so tend to drive to those now.

I would recommend the West Upper as match-by-match tickets in the north stand are likely to be right down the front with a poor view (I stand to be corrected). The view is fantastic and the atmosphere still good. Having said that, when they're sold out you'll get the ticket exchange kick in and may be able to get better seats.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Firstly, we're the Seagulls, the Gulls are Torquay!

Other than that, welcome aboard. As another Newhavener, the trains are generally great for Saturday games but a nightmare for midweek games (fewer, shorter trains, more delays). Last time I tried to get a train to a midweek game I got home at 12:30am, so tend to drive to those now.

I would recommend the West Upper as match-by-match tickets in the north stand are likely to be right down the front with a poor view (I stand to be corrected). The view is fantastic and the atmosphere still good. Having said that, when they're sold out you'll get the ticket exchange kick in and may be able to get better seats.

My advice for midweek games for anyone in Newhaven, is to go to the Racecourse P&R. The trains are not reliable for late evenings.

PS I know you park elsewhere Notters, this is for the Fox supporter.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My advice for midweek games for anyone in Newhaven, is to go to the Racecourse P&R. The trains are not reliable for late evenings.

PS I know you park elsewhere Notters, this is for the Fox supporter.

I do, but am reluctant to say where I park on here! :)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Nice to meet you all.

I think you'll enjoy the Amex. I was lucky enough to do a stadium tour of the King Power about 5 years ago on a camping trip to Leicestershire and it's a breathtaking stadium and creates a spine tingling atmosphere but the Amex is every bit as good even if it doesn't quite create the same atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here