Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Expedia charged me twice

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Anyone had any dealings with Expedia?

I tried to book a hotel on line but the web page froze on the credit card page, I called Expedia and an operator said there was no booking made and he could process the booking, at the time I asked him ' what happens if the booking on the website goes through' Oh we will refund the money sir!!!

He done as he said, now on my card statement there are 2 bookings so I have been charged twice.

Called them today and was on the phone for 45 mins with no resolution only the promise of a phone call back tomorrow.

Am I waiting in vain? anyone else had dealings and how did they sort it?

The girl today told me the expedia filters should have picked up the same hotel booking for the same dates with the same card....

So annoying...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Anyone had any dealings with Expedia?

I tried to book a hotel on line but the web page froze on the credit card page, I called Expedia and an operator said there was no booking made and he could process the booking, at the time I asked him ' what happens if the booking on the website goes through' Oh we will refund the money sir!!!

He done as he said, now on my card statement there are 2 bookings so I have been charged twice.

Called them today and was on the phone for 45 mins with no resolution only the promise of a phone call back tomorrow.

Am I waiting in vain? anyone else had dealings and how did they sort it?

The girl today told me the expedia filters should have picked up the same hotel booking for the same dates with the same card....

So annoying...

Contact your card issuer and ask them to dispute the payment for you. You will probably need to provide screenshots of confirmation emails and ,if you have any, communication history. You could also tell Expedia what you are doing.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Funny you say that as that happened to me when booking the hotel I am staying in now in Italy. It was actually the fault of the hotel and not Expedia. I made a bit of an issue of it (told a white lie that it had caused me to go overdrawn as I wanted the money back asap). I got money back, a big apology, an upgrade to a superior suite and a free airport pick up. Result.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They will not get involved until expedia have had 72 hours to sort out the double payment.

Give them 72 hours. Have you had 2 email bookings from Expedia? Are they fully confirmed transaction or is 1 just a pending transaction?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_2017-02-23-19-23-19.png

Does this help?

https://www.expedia.co.uk/service/#/article/19686

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills