Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eric Cantona "I’ve said before I should have kicked him harder"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Eric Cantona is only second in my estimation to Zinedine Zidane for headbutting Materazzi in the chest in the 2006 World Cup Final. Sometimes you just have to stop being a footballer and start being a man.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Eric Cantona is only second in my estimation to Zinedine Zidane for headbutting Materazzi in the chest in the 2006 World Cup Final. Sometimes you just have to stop being a footballer and start being a man.

In my opinion Zidane let his whole team down with a moment of complete selfishness.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

If he was a man he would of headbutted him on the nose and decked him. Bottled it. Cantona went airborne with both feet into a crowd, different level of intent and commitment.

Eric also had the grace to bow out as a legend, Zidane whimpered out like a wet rag.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Standing up for his sister.

Some footballers will disgrace themselves to trigger a reaction that could see their team at an advantage. I imagine Knockaert has received such treatment, like at Deepdale recently if you remember his reaction.

I have to agree to the above poster though, he did let his team down as no matter how abhorrent the goading was at a delicate time, he has to keep his head.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Maybe some of you can make the next Cantona one man show, and show your appreciation for the fruit cake.
Should be plenty of tickets available.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I would put them both behind Gerry Armstrong who smacked that gobshite at Southwick.

Maybe some of you can make the next Cantona one man show, and show your appreciation for the fruit cake.
Should be plenty of tickets available.

In my honest opinion, what Cantona did that night was fully justified.

What happened after as a direct result of this, in my opinion, was a terrible tragedy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here