Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doris to storm in or does she ?

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
IT'S A WAR ZONE OUT THERE!!! Stay safe everyone!

thumbnail_20170223_133343.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Cannot emphasise strongly enough how really REALLY crap it is giving names to our UK Spring 'storms' aka a bit of quite strong wind.

Calling them things like 'Doris' just encourages their ludicrous BS. Sake! :rolleyes:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Since they introduced this childish idea of naming "storms" the Met Office has been struck with hysteria. They had a spokeswoman on Radio 4 this morning defending the naming of storms by saying that people were discussing them more on Twitter (with no data to back up that assertion). And so what? Probably most are just taking the piss about the names. Doris? Really?

More nannying from the nanny state. It is "a bit blustery". It's not a tropical storm or a hurricane. It's quite warm here in West Sussex and a bright sunny day (but a bit blustery).

If they want to give every blustery day a name, won't be long before we hit Zebedee.

I almost didn't make it to work this morning, the car would hardly move......

Snow shovel, tent, warm clothing, blankets, candles, flask, emergency food, flares, rubber dinghy, ropes, chainsaw, firelighters, kithcen sink, barbecue etc etc......

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The wind is really whipping one up in Crawley. The cover has flown off my garden table, I'm not going out there! Cats find it great watching from the windows with everything flying about.

I hope you don't have to go to Maidenbower, as there's a tree down across Balcombe Road.

[tweet]834752308097454080[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I almost didn't make it to work this morning, the car would hardly move......

Snow shovel, tent, warm clothing, blankets, candles, flask, emergency food, flares, rubber dinghy, ropes, chainsaw, firelighters, kithcen sink, barbecue etc etc......

I didn't realise you lived in Dunblane.

[tweet]834736341074243584[/tweet]

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I guess if it's not happening outside your door it's not really happening. Perhaps we should only name storms that affect Sussex eh.

We live on the coast, I dare say we see a few more than you?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well as has been pointed out the trains look well and truly screwed at the moment so Doris is certainly wreaking havoc across the country. Not looking forward to the trek home tonight.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Around 1,500 people die every day in the UK, each one of them will have a sad story attached. But we do still need to go to work.
Met Office warn of high winds causing danger to life due to falling debris. Woman dies from falling debris caused by high winds. Met Office are overreacting and woman a victim of a sad story. Everyone else is a snowflake if they take precautions. Gotcha.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Met Office warn of high winds causing danger to life due to falling debris. Woman dies from falling debris caused by high winds. Met Office are overreacting and woman a victim of a sad story. Everyone else is a snowflake if they take precautions. Gotcha.

I can warn you that crossing the road can be dangerous, are you staying indoors today now?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here