Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading game in Chiang Mai Thailand

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Dont know anywhere specific in Chang Mai but its on Sky so any Sports Bar will be able to get it!!

Its not gonna be too late a KO over there for them to be closing or thinking of closing as long as you getting the Singhas/Changs/Tigers in to keep the bin totting up!! Id just visit a couple bars in next couple days and get friendly with the owner and ask if they mind putting it on for u!! Never been Chang Mai though so not sure of the actual bar situation as Im usually down in Samui!!

If all else fails and youve got a laptop with u could always install Kodi and stream onto that if obv can get good wifi connection and find a good stream somehere!

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
Dont know anywhere specific in Chang Mai but its on Sky so any Sports Bar will be able to get it!!

Its not gonna be too late a KO over there for them to be closing or thinking of closing as long as you getting the Singhas/Changs/Tigers in to keep the bin totting up!! Id just visit a couple bars in next couple days and get friendly with the owner and ask if they mind putting it on for u!! Never been Chang Mai though so not sure of the actual bar situation as Im usually down in Samui!!

If all else fails and youve got a laptop with u could always install Kodi and stream onto that if obv can get good wifi connection and find a good stream somehere!

There is a really good wifi cafe on the top floor of the maya mall nimman,.. open 24/7 and used by many digital no mads for work cus of the high speed broadband... take a laptop there you get really stuck!

I dont know what time the games on there but many place in the old city have a strict cur-phew enforced and have to close early .. so you will be stuck to find anywhere if game is on late (past midnight)... (chiang mai night life completely dead cus of the curphew now a days .. but remember every snooker hall there is 24/7!! only the thais know this really but it beats going home at midnight cus the police have shut every bar in town down and you can't get a drink!!)

Maybe also ask around about a bar called the living room, its on a small soi near spicey.. owned by a portsmouth fan called dennis / derek i believe.. he has TVs and always has the footy on... he is the only bar that ignores the curphew and runs a half lock in style bar that is full of foreigners and left over thai freelancers until 6am... although i believe by now the police will have put a stop to his blatant disregard for the local rules as it was closing earlier and earlier before i left last time... and he was appearing more and more stressed

Your best bet though if its open late enough... is a small soi of bars just 2 minutes walk up from Mild cafe (google this location its on the same soi), there is a few bars that have 2 or 4 screens each and pool tables etc .. these bars have access to nearly every game through streams .. these are the safest bet to have it on if they are open at time of the game .. look for the one owned by a german guy with a mini football table and darts board cus he has a stream box with every game for sure!!

Their sports channells show different games to ours so most bars won't have access to show it ... only if they have access to online feeds...

Good luck! let us know how it goes!!

Thanks so much. Knew I could rely on the extensive wisdom here.

Our plan Saturday night is to eat at the new Hard Rock so give my kids (and myself) a break from a Thai diet and hopefully catch the 3pm scores whilst we munch. Then at midnight will def make our way to your recommendation.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Blimey for a minute I thought Sky wanted us to play the game there! It will happen..not this year but it will happen.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Sadly the midnight curfew is well respected. So signed up to Seagull Player and had myself a very enjoyable late night
I'm in Chiang Mai. I watched it in a sports bar next to the hard rock cafe. If games are later than midnight you pay 100 baht for a lock in. There were 8 Albion fans in there. 2 of them post on here. Blinding night

I'm in Chiang Mai. I watched it in a sports bar next to the hard rock cafe. If games are later than midnight you pay 100 baht for a lock in. There were 8 Albion fans in there. 2 of them post on here. Blinding night

That must have been the Red Lion? I stupidly saw they closed at midnight and didn't ask. Doh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here