Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London - Where best to drink?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Arranging a stag do for a couple of weeks time, got apartments booked in Hammersmith. We are going to the gee gee's at Sandown on the Friday and looking to find a bit of non league football somewhere on the Saturday.

My question is Friday/Saturday night where is best to drink in the big smoke?? Preferably an area with half a dozen decent boozers in walking distance from each other (old school traditional pubs) and not ridiculously far from Hammersmith?

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Arranging a stag do for a couple of weeks time, got apartments booked in Hammersmith. We are going to the gee gee's at Sandown on the Friday and looking to find a bit of non league football somewhere on the Saturday.

My question is Friday/Saturday night where is best to drink in the big smoke?? Preferably an area with half a dozen decent boozers in walking distance from each other (old school traditional pubs) and not ridiculously far from Hammersmith?

My favourite place to drink in London has always been Angel. So many pubs on Upper Street, and loads of good places to eat as well. It's a bit of a trek from Hammersmith though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
Used to live in Hammersmith/Shepherd's Bush area, loads of good pubs round there. A lot of them describe themselves on Google as 'modern gastropub' but from my experience they're pretty unpretentious. Can suggest a few for a crawl route if you want. Where is your appointment booked?

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Not a traditional boozer but the best "novelty" one we've been to recently is "flight club" just down from Old Street roundabout.

Darts bar. Very fun. Not THAT expensive but needs to be booked up well in advance.

May not suit what you are looking for at all but may be worth a google.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Soho is still good if you know where you're going. Coach and Horses, Blue Posts, Bradley's, Toucan, ship, crown and two chairman all good boozers.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you'll find plenty pubs round Hammersmith, though a few are large 'Spoonies/Yates/Walkabout affairs. there's some nice pubs on the river front not far away which are olde worlde.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
My favourite place to drink in London has always been Angel. So many pubs on Upper Street, and loads of good places to eat as well. It's a bit of a trek from Hammersmith though.

This. I'm lucky enough to work in Angel and couldn't agree more.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Not a traditional boozer but the best "novelty" one we've been to recently is "flight club" just down from Old Street roundabout.

Darts bar. Very fun. Not THAT expensive but needs to be booked up well in advance.

May not suit what you are looking for at all but may be worth a google.

Also this. Perfect for a stag do

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Arranging a stag do for a couple of weeks time, got apartments booked in Hammersmith. We are going to the gee gee's at Sandown on the Friday

You won't be disappointed - especially if they open with Stayin' Alive and wrap it up with You Win Again

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Camdem

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Another vote for a walk along the riverside, some great pubs on both sides.
Or maybe go into Chiswick,close to Hammersmith, nice pubs at eateries in Chiswick.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here