Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your answer to the world population growth?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have been reading Dan Brown's Inferno and whilst it is a jolly good read which I would recommend the overall theme is an interesting one. Simply put the world's population is growing at such an alarming rate and forecast to continue and therefore how can we sustain this with increasingly limited natural resources. In the book WHO (World Health Organisation) are trying to thwart one or two radical scientists who believe the answer is a worldwide disease being spread.

In the past such diseases, together with world wars have kept the population lower, but with the advances in medication keeping people alive and generally thwarting old and new diseases to a much greater extent the population can only go one way.

The graph below is a fairly scary picture.

So what is the answer?

Attachments

• Population growth.jpg
    Population growth.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 744

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have been reading Dan Brown's Inferno and whilst it is a jolly good read which I would recommend the overall theme is an interesting one. Simply put the world's population is growing at such an alarming rate and forecast to continue and therefore how can we sustain this with increasingly limited natural resources. In the book WHO (World Health Organisation) are trying to thwart one or two radical scientists who believe the answer is a worldwide disease being spread.

In the past such diseases, together with world wars have kept the population lower, but with the advances in medication keeping people alive and generally thwarting old and new diseases to a much greater extent the population can only go one way.

The graph below is a fairly scary picture.

So what is the answer?

Well the lovely Americans voting in Trump is a start, next Le Pen and Geert Wilders.... add Kim Jong-un, Bashar al-Assad and Putin into the mix I think there is a pretty good chance a nuke will be dispatched within the next few years and the rest will follow.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
there is no answer that is politically or ethically acceptable.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Massive over-consumption by the countries also needs reducing. Population is only one factor; it's sustainability that's the issue.

Anyway, I did my bit and had the snip. No kids for me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Education.

Japan has the highest enrolment of children in primary school, and has the lowest fertility rate in women of 1.3 children per women. As the enrolment in primary school education reduces, the fertility rate rises, you can see this across the world. It is inextricably linked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here