Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sutton

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Are they a bit tin pot?

1) double ticket prices for everyone for tonight? Kind of understandable for a part time club...

2) let The S*n sponsor them as a one off?

3) The Sun bet run a 8/1 on their sub goal keeper to eat a pie during the game... surprise surprise he eats a pie after all 3 subs have been made.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If Sutton had a full house for every home league game, I'd kind of agree. But they don't, so those that came along for a 'one-off' glamour tie deserve to pay inflated prices as they will surely melt away just as quickly as they appeared.

I do feel a bit for the die-hards who are there week-in week-out, though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I do feel a bit for the die-hards who are there week-in week-out, though.

Really, I would happily pay £20 more if we drew the Gooners @home FAC R5

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Are they a bit tin pot?

1) double ticket prices for everyone for tonight? Kind of understandable for a part time club...

3) The Sun bet run a 8/1 on their sub goal keeper to eat a pie during the game... surprise surprise he eats a pie after all 3 subs have been made.

It looks like he could be in trouble with the FA for that bet.

[tweet]833802309482250240[/tweet]

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Fair play to them. A payday such as their cup run will probably be enough to keep the club running for a season or two.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Soon as I saw the sun all over their shirts I went 'come on you gooners!'. Seriously. OK, small club and that, but talk about THICK!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was just SO contrived for the cameras, the way he stepped forward out of the dugout to cram that thing into his gaping maw, to make sure everyone could see. At first I just assumed it was to show what a hilarious "character" he is, so he could get on a Football Focus montage or something. But to hear it was just so he could cash in at 8/1 with some piece of filth rag and its betting subsidiary ? Magic of the Cup eh.

I wish that fat prick had CHOKED on it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

How much was he paid for doing so???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Loads of publicity, big action taken, more publicity, sun appeal as he's only a part timer 'lad and banter' used prolifically, more publicity, slap on wrist, someone makes a meme about it, appears in a pub quiz and nobody remembers

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Soon as I saw the sun all over their shirts I went 'come on you gooners!'. Seriously. OK, small club and that, but talk about THICK!

I hope their regular sponsor tells them to piss off.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Fair play to them. A payday such as their cup run will probably be enough to keep the club running for a season or two.

Agree totally and unsure why others are dissing Sutton or any of their players in their clamouring for whatever money is offered during their Cup run. In eating the pie maybe the second goalie just took one for the team!! Good luck to them I say and hope they enjoyed the experience.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Agree totally and unsure why others are dissing Sutton or any of their players in their clamouring for whatever money is offered during their Cup run. In eating the pie maybe the second goalie just took one for the team!! Good luck to them I say and hope they enjoyed the experience.

You know they sold out to the Sun for the game? Tainted by Murdoch, instead of being non league heroes like Lincoln.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It was just SO contrived for the cameras, the way he stepped forward out of the dugout to cram that thing into his gaping maw, to make sure everyone could see. At first I just assumed it was to show what a hilarious "character" he is, so he could get on a Football Focus montage or something. But to hear it was just so he could cash in at 8/1 with some piece of filth rag and its betting subsidiary ? Magic of the Cup eh.
I wish that fat prick had CHOKED on it.
Bore off you sanctimonious prick.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Took one for the team? Hopefully the FA will check out his betting/banking activity and if he placed a bet on himself kick him out the game. Morally no different to a Pakistani cricketer purposely overstepping the crease.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here