Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doro 8030 mobile phone

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I bought a doro easy phone for my mum, not the smart version the flip version 612. My mum loves it, nice a simple and only mobile phone she used. She is 83 and the other phones I gave her she would not turn on, but this one she uses all the time, so I would say successful. I was going to try her with one of the smart verions but thought better of it as I finally got her something she likes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I had that one but was persuaded to upgrade to the 812 which is a smart phone but with Android upgradjng the program it now constantly displays the message insufficient memory so was told by Vodafone the only solution is a new phone.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I had that one but was persuaded to upgrade to the 812 which is a smart phone but with Android upgradjng the program it now constantly displays the message insufficient memory so was told by Vodafone the only solution is a new phone.

Or new ears!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
mwo,420x420,iphone_7_snap-pad,420x460,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Has anybody or their parents got a Doro 8030 phone if so what are the pros and cons. It is a smart phone with a loud ringtone ideal for the older person.

Bought one for my Dad who is 89 and he gets on very well with it ..button on the back which if he presses it automatically sends a 'alert' text a family member..out to of all the ones we tried he liked this one the best..large touch screen keys ..large icons etc

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is what I wanted thanks I am now deciding between the 8030 and the 825 which are virtually the same I think except 8030 doesnt have a torch.

I've got an Omsung Phine, they're much better.

I would whole-heartedly recommend the Omsung Phine to anyone looking for a good device for an elderly relative. It is best that you do your own research though, so please ensure you google Omsung Phine for information about it first.

If you want to have a look at an Omsung Phine in person I recommend popping into Carehome Whorehouse and ask the staff to show you their range.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
This thread is for intelligent people so probably too advanced for you so I should opt out now if I was you.

You have a false sense of your own grand importance BG.

For an old man you talk like an arrogant fool.

In all the threads you post and contribute too --- as far as I can remember you have never shown a sense of humour ---- ever.

The two fellas that sat near to you told me what you were like.

Years later all I can say they were right.:shutup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here