Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul McCarthy RIP

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Possibly the hardest post I've ever had to put on here...

I'm devastated to report ex Albion legend Paul McCarthy sadly passed away yesterday. Not sure of the full details but he was out on his mountain bike yesterday morning and started to feel unwell so went home. Shortly after getting home he complained of severe back pain so an ambulance was called. Sadly he had a massive heart attack and despite the work of the ambulance service couldn't be resuscitated.

He was due to be at the Amex this afternoon and the Goldstone play this evening.

RIP Paul you were a beautiful man and will be sadly missed by your wife, your girls, your pals and I'm pretty sure everyone you ever met.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Shocking news - a much under-rated player

Condolences to his family - RIP Paul

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Very, very fine player, who seemed destined for great things. Classy defender.

Horrible news. RIP Paul.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Only 45. Sad news.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Very sad news, a proper Brighton player. I actually visited his home in Mile Oak once as it was up for sale and we were looking for a similar property. I didn't realise it was his home until I started seeing football trophies and pictures.

Always thought he was one of the players that gave 100% for the club at a time when the club was being run into the ground.

Sad news indeed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats absolutely dreadful news. He was a terrific defender in an era when (for a large part) we really weren't very good. He stood out as a class act.

Shocking. He was only a couple of months older than me. RIP Paul.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here