⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Toasting in an epic bread.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don't think we should expect Villa to do us any favours against our rivals. They had their best performance of the season at the Amex and have been getting worse every week since. Bruce has a lot of work to do.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Villa are only 6 points from a relegation spot, so need something from this. Can't see it really, but not sure this is one-sided as many think. I wouldn't be lumping on Toon at 4/7 that's for sure! A draw would be great, and same with Huddersfield v Reading 24 hrs later.. [emoji6]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Villa have got to win sometime soon and tomorrow would be a great time to start...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
This game is so typical of the championship
Villa on an awful run, Newcastle flying high(ish)
Newcastle odds on Favs to win which all results in an Aston Villa win

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If Villa play like they did against us then they can get at least a draw. However I don't think they have been playing that for quite a few games sadly. However they do have the mentality of players that couldn't give a shit about about a trip to Burton but would make an effort for the "big stage".

Jan 22, 2017
Our fans are up for this big time, we owe Villa for their small time behaviour in 2009 and last season. We also owe that odious **** Lansbury one as well. This really does have a big game feel about it, not many have felt like that this season for some strange reason. Probably only the Derby game. Sadly all of this points towards an Aston Villa win, probably a Lansbury winner as well.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am struggling to care about Newcastle for the moment. Obviously it would be nice if they lost I suppose, but I care about 1% as much as I do about Huddersfield and Reading dropping points. If we are well clear of 3rd when April comes round, I will be screaming for Newcastle defeats every week.

By the way, Villa are toilet and Newcastle will win by at least two. Nothing really to see here.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
With the general NSC worry that superteam Huddersfield will storm to the league title, we may need to finish above Newcastle - so on that basis I very much hope they lose tonight.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Villa have got to win sometime soon and tomorrow would be a great time to start...

Villa are only 6 points from a relegation spot, so need something from this. Can't see it really, but not sure this is one-sided as many think

Bruce has been saying that it's only a question of time before his new recruits (Hourihane, Lansbury, Hogan) click, and maybe getting rid of McCormack might also rev a few of the others up. They'll start picking up points sooner or later, I'm not ruling them out completely for tonight

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am struggling to care about Newcastle for the moment. Obviously it would be nice if they lost I suppose, but I care about 1% as much as I do about Huddersfield and Reading dropping points. If we are well clear of 3rd when April comes round, I will be screaming for Newcastle defeats every week.

By the way, Villa are toilet and Newcastle will win by at least two. Nothing really to see here.

Looking at remaining games and form, I think Huddersfield are more likely to finish top two than Newcastle. We should be VERY interested in Newcastle's results imo.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If Villa - have the mentality of players that couldn't give a shit about about a trip to Burton but would make an effort for the "big stage".

Yes, this (hopefully)

Bizarre

Looking at remaining games and form, I think Huddersfield are more likely to finish top two than Newcastle. We should be VERY interested in Newcastle's results imo.

THIS. Newcastle are not Real sodding Madrid. They are one of FOUR clubs firmly in the mix for top two, along with Reading, Huddersfield and ourselves (and I'm not completely dismissing Leeds or Wednesday, either). I wish for all of those others to drop points every time they play. Weird to shrug them off, IMO.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
THIS. Newcastle are not Real sodding Madrid. They are one of FOUR clubs firmly in the mix for top two, along with Reading, Huddersfield and ourselves (and I'm not completely dismissing Leeds or Wednesday, either). I wish for all of those others to drop points every time they play. Weird to shrug them off, IMO.

Huddersfield look a far better side than Toon at the moment, in my opinion. Watched a few Toon games recently and they look very vulnerable defensively - their fans are also incredibly quick to get on their players' backs. I guess spending £45m will bring some pressure with it.

Also we know Toon are capable of completely random losses (Blackburn have done the double over them). Long way to go yet, Newcastle are very much in this battle with us, Hudds, Reading etc.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

That's a strange attitude. If you look at the remaining fixtures I really think Newcastle/Huddersfield and Reading are all in the mix. Newcastle have some tough old games and really don't look that convincing at the moment. More than possible that Huddersfield who are on fire could surpass Newcastle and therefore Newcastle become the third place team we want to be ahead of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here