Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which team has overachieved the most in the Championship this season?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
And conversely which team has been the biggest disappointment?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Firstly Villa, splashing the cash on players in the hope of their alleged impending return to the PL.
Possibly the massive & massive of Yorkshire!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Over must be Huddersfield under Villa although the way they played to come down, this season was not unexpected so the unders for me are Bristol City who I expected to do better.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Signs were there for Huddersfield last season if you watched them play. Sure they're still overachieving, but award has to go to newly promoted Barnsley who had an excellent chance of playoffs before they sold up.

I didn't expect Villa to do well because they're a club where the rot has been setting in a while, and their new ridiculous owner seemed absolutely clueless. That said, with the absurd money they have spent i'd still say they would take the underachievers mantle.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Huddersfield have overachieved but they have made some very canny loan moves. I'm referring particularly to Brown and Mooy but I believe there are others

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I want to say Huddersfield, but I wouldn't say they've over-achieved as they totally deserve to be where they are.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
As Huddersfield were being touted by some as relegation candidates, they have to be considered the over-achievers, just like us last year. Let's hope they don't make the same all-out tout at the top two that we did and are, instead, successful in the play-offs. Leeds and Reading can also be considered as over achieving given the madness that Monk has had to deal with and the position Reading finished in last year.

I don't think many thought that Villa would recover from their mess in a season, but they certainly seem to be performing below the expectations that most had for them after the appointment of Steve Bruce. Norwich have to be seen as under performing because their squad should have been at least in the play offs.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Definitely Hudders,but wonder how long their manager can keep them over-achieving.
Villa,my tip for an automatic place behind us :facepalm::wrong::lolol: Shows I know the grand total of 0!How anybody can spend as much as they have and be so ****?But I hope they come good against Newcastle!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Underachievers has to be any club without parachute payments which isn't Newcastle. With that amount of money at your disposal you really should be doing better.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Underachievers has to be any club without parachute payments which isn't Newcastle. With that amount of money at your disposal you really should be doing better.

Agreed, a far superior budget to the rest in the division.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Huddersfield must be the surprise package.

Aston Villa - just :):smile::O:D:lol::laugh::jester::rotlf: although Newcastle were supposed to have been showing everyone how to do it, and don't seem to be quite as unstoppable as they thought they would/should be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here