Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Then and Now

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This just goes to prove that year on year more and more points are needed to achieve the same outcome. Inflation is what it is. We have runaway inflation. I blame the trade unions.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Doncaster Rovers with minus 60 Goal difference.... oh my...
They finished on -83 at the end of the season. In some ways it was B&HA's luckiest season - to have that safety net after all the heroics of the previous one. Albion/Doncaster was 0-0 at "home" that season, too.

35 points at the season was more often than not a relegation total, but it was all we managed. We were lucky.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Such a tough tough league and it's amazing that 90 odd points are needed considering how open it is....I was thinking 85 points would be enough :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Doncaster Rovers with minus 60 Goal difference.... oh my...

And among the bottom 10 clubs in the league then, 3 who went on to get into the PL, one league cup winner and one FA cup winner. By comparison . . . we are sorry also rans. . . .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They finished on -83 at the end of the season. In some ways it was B&HA's luckiest season - to have that safety net after all the heroics of the previous one. Albion/Doncaster was 0-0 at "home" that season, too.

35 points at the season was more often than not a relegation total, but it was all we managed. We were lucky.

I was at that game. they brough 50 odd fand. I have photos somewhere. That game was the lowest of the low, bottomist of the pits. Or . . . was that when we went down to Darlo, 0-4 at 'home'? That was unbelievable crap, too. Or . . . oh forget it. Nothing more to see here . . .

Jul 7, 2003
I was at that game. they brough 50 odd fand. I have photos somewhere. That game was the lowest of the low, bottomist of the pits.

I think that match was the worst game of football I have ever watched. Two truly appalling teams who were so badly adrift of the rest of the league in terms of both points and quality. That match could have gone on for a week and would still have remained goalless. You could have put that fat St Johns Ambulance bloke from Gillingham in goal for us and he'd have kept a clean sheet.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I think that match was the worst game of football I have ever watched. Two truly appalling teams who were so badly adrift of the rest of the league in terms of both points and quality. That match could have gone on for a week and would still have remained goalless. You could have put that fat St Johns Ambulance bloke from Gillingham in goal for us and he'd have kept a clean sheet.

It's official. It WAS the worst game of football ever.

We have lost many other games and played badly, but it should not be forgotten that despite us drawing this one, the standard of football from both sides hit new lows for the professional game.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
See the thing is as bad as that and the 0-4 Darlo game (on my frigging birthday no less - thanks guys) I still feel the worst game I saw at Gillingham was the 1-2 reverse against Rochdale.

I remember thinking we could have an open goal and STILL not bloody score - for the record it took a Stuart Tuck swinger with his wrong foot that was going at least ten yards wide before deflecting 20 yards the other way off a hapless Dale centre back and in. Woeful. Just woeful.

To think I thought players like John Westcott or Andy Ansah were an improvement on what had come before. Sheesh.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here