Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you actually support Trump?

Yes or no

• Total voters

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
not sure if you've not followed the detail of that story or just accepting a pro-Trump version. his Security Advisor resigned over the matter, he didnt hang on for long and protest nothing happened because we/they know that there was contact and that it was improper. the contact itself was not the issue, but that he discussed specific diplomatic matters, which is illegal for anyone outside the government to do. to compound the error he then misled Pence (its unknown if ever discussed with Trump). this is pretty much all on the record from the Whitehouse, not spin from anyone. the only spin is when Trump came out and claimed the leak (that this all happened) it was fake news, despite the resignation and the fact he was accusing his security services of leaking it. he's a bit odd like that, denying the foundations of his own position, that and making stuff up then claiming everything against him is fake news (apparently 5 lies counted in the rally yesturday).

Like I said before, these kinds of conversations happen during election campaigns, all candidates, all parties. Again, the scandal is about Flynn resigning for misleading the VP about the conversations, not for having them. There is disagreement about whether the conversations would be considered illegal, if they were considered illegal it would be because of a breach of the Logan Act of 1799, an act under which not one single person has ever been prosecuted. & nobody is pursuing a prosecution under the act for Flynn, so it's a bit of a stretch for you to say, without qualification, that it was illegal.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Of course not.He's mad,bad and part german (german leaders always cause us trouble).I do think it's absolutely amazing the way he can bring the swivel-eyed,foaming at the mouth community,to hysterical life though.Never thought I'd see the day when Meryl Streeeeep would speak without a auto-cue.It's definitely laugh-a-minute time!:lolol:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I don't want to seem like a massive defender of Trump, I'm just looking for balance and critical thinking in peoples criticisms of him.

For balance myself, here is the single worst thing I have ever heard a President of the United States say, ever. It relates to Civil Forfeiture by Law Enforcement, and a Senator who wants to stop it.

Essentially, if the Police pull you over in the U.S. and you have cash on you, they will take it, and you do not have to be convicted of any offense. That money then goes into the budget of the Police Force who took it. So basically they engage in highway robbery - literally. The fact that the money goes to that Police Force provides a perverse incentive. There are cases of some towns sweeping up everyone who drives past to shake them down for whatever they can find. Some of these small towns end up with armored vehicles suitable for Iraq, paid for by innocent passers by, never convicted or even suspected of anything at all. Sometimes these are small towns of only hundreds of people and they are using this stolen money to by military grade equipment. It's outrageous and disgusting and should be made illegal.

Trumps response? Let's destroy the career of that Senator. Disgraceful, and I think most of his supporters would probably be against Civil Forfeiture without a conviction too, so pretty disappointing for them too no doubt.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Do you actually support Trump?

I'm just wondering if anyone actually truly supports him. On the other thread you'll see the usual thing right wingers do when they don't support, or don't won't to be seen in public supporting, a policy .....which is to avoid discussion and snipe at supposed hypocrisy from other parties. I see this as tacit support. But I'm curious if anyone truly supports him and thinks he is a force for good.

PS This isn't an anti-American thread. I have a lot of time for the US and most of its people, and work with them.

Yes I am 100% behind Trump.

My impression of him from the apprentice was not good and I didn't like him but over the last year ive changed my mind. Some reasons.

1. I avoid what the MSM is saying about him and made every attempt to root out what he actually beleives.

2. The worst aspect of immigration is jerrymandering, Obama was welcoming Syrians while trying to reduce Cubans who tend to turn rep after a generation. Building a wall puts a visible stop to it and the risk of rigging the vote so badly civil conflict\war results.

3 As I also posted elsewhere he has set up safe zones in Syria which will stop the destabilisation f European countries and reverse, or begin to the collapse of western civilisation.

4. The drain the swamp stuff, mostly American politics about the Deep State but there are elements we could adopt like Term limits. It would kill of the Career politicians and bring it back to being seen as a public duty.

5. He is a troll. A troll you cant ban and have to engage with will screw your head as he did to the Democrats and is now doing to the MSM.

6. Similar to 5, hes a verbal pugalist, Like Bannon, Milo etc. He sees conservativism as being on a Total war footing, much like the left has always been. This is reflected with the use of pejorative terms, boycotts (organised on Brietbart)and radicalising the political base.

7 He, trump, has intimated he wants to destroy Identity politics.

What the MSM fails to grasp is he doesn't need them. As Alex jones said the other day the viewing figures for election coverage on fox news was 3 million, on Infowars it was 80 million up from usual 30 million.

Above I have tried to reflect in part whats going on. A siesmic shift in the political frame work is underway, the political left is collapsing in the western world, being replaced by its media champions and political thuggery.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Trump made reference to a terrorist attack in Sweden on Friday evening.

It appears to be the first anyone, including the bemused Swedes, have heard of it.

13% of people in this poll still feel he is the right man for the job.

Maybe Sami should have stayed....

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yes I am 100% behind Trump.

My impression of him from the apprentice was not good and I didn't like him but over the last year ive changed my mind. Some reasons.

1. I avoid what the MSM is saying about him and made every attempt to root out what he actually beleives.

2. The worst aspect of immigration is jerrymandering, Obama was welcoming Syrians while trying to reduce Cubans who tend to turn rep after a generation. Building a wall puts a visible stop to it and the risk of rigging the vote so badly civil conflict\war results.

3 As I also posted elsewhere he has set up safe zones in Syria which will stop the destabilisation f European countries and reverse, or begin to the collapse of western civilisation.

4. The drain the swamp stuff, mostly American politics about the Deep State but there are elements we could adopt like Term limits. It would kill of the Career politicians and bring it back to being seen as a public duty.

5. He is a troll. A troll you cant ban and have to engage with will screw your head as he did to the Democrats and is now doing to the MSM.

6. Similar to 5, hes a verbal pugalist, Like Bannon, Milo etc. He sees conservativism as being on a Total war footing, much like the left has always been. This is reflected with the use of pejorative terms, boycotts (organised on Brietbart)and radicalising the political base.

7 He, trump, has intimated he wants to destroy Identity politics.

What the MSM fails to grasp is he doesn't need them. As Alex jones said the other day the viewing figures for election coverage on fox news was 3 million, on Infowars it was 80 million up from usual 30 million.

Above I have tried to reflect in part whats going on. A siesmic shift in the political frame work is underway, the political left is collapsing in the western world, being replaced by its media champions and political thuggery.

Don't worry you'll wake up soon and won't remember a thing.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
For me everything he stands for is WRONG

However I can't help but be captivated by his total policies/actions/views etc. I find myself tuning in to watch his next major ''Gaffe'' and am never disappointed and even watching some of the American people follow blindly behind him.

It's almost like watching a re-run of David Koresh take the people into the abyss but he is doing it legally and on the ''world stage''

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I can only assume you are trying to draw attention to the 10 questions at the bottom of the article?

They are prefaced with the following: Exclusive to the Guardian, discovered behind the settee in an opulent suite at Mar-a-Lago, are the following 10 questions trimmed from the survey before its release

I did a google search for one of the questions, 1 result. That guardian article.

You got trolled by the guardian, you took what was clearly - fake news - and believed it. I wonder how many people also believe that Trump got recorded with a hooker in a Russian hotel room? Remember that one?

Again, I'm not saying you should like trump, but try to realize that you are being played. If you think Trump doesn't care about the truth, neither do the media.

You are not very good at using google. To help you out have a look at

https://action.trump2016.com/trump-mms-survey/

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'1. I avoid what the MSM is saying about him and made every attempt to root out what he actually beleives.'

The MSM are reporting his untruths. Maybe pay more attention

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If anyone wants to understand more about DT, read the Art of Deal by Tony Schwartz, fascinating read and seems the older Trump hasn't changed a bit.

Proceeds to good causes

A hideous and highly manipulative person

Meanwhile he's making more fake news...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39020962

Last edited:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
I'm dumbfounded that that people would rather have had the corrupt, warmongering shit sandwich Clinton as President. Yes, Trump is a loose cannon and not a career politician, but he's doing what he said he would do and for the life of me, I cannot see what is wrong with improving relations with Russia. To spend trillions in military expenditure, you need an enemy and that's why Clinton would never deal with Putin. North Korea and Iran are nuclear powers run by maniacs and that is where Armageddon will originate, unless it is dealt with.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm dumbfounded that that people would rather have had the corrupt, warmongering shit sandwich Clinton as President. Yes, Trump is a loose cannon and not a career politician, but he's doing what he said he would do and for the life of me, I cannot see what is wrong with improving relations with Russia. To spend trillions in military expenditure, you need an enemy and that's why Clinton would never deal with Putin. North Korea and Iran are nuclear powers run by maniacs and that is where Armageddon will originate, unless it is dealt with.
No one has said they'd rather have Clinton, have they ?

Clinton is out of the game now. Failed and finished. No longer relevant.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As a matter of interest, I wonder if the folk who think that Trump is doing nicely are the same folk as those who have voted on another thread that global warming is a myth. My guess is there is at least a 50% overlap, but I could be wrong...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
As a matter of interest, I wonder if the folk who think that Trump is doing nicely are the same folk as those who have voted on another thread that global warming is a myth. My guess is there is at least a 50% overlap, but I could be wrong...

You are unlikely to be wrong. I think the percentage you offer is generous.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here