Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Statisticians among you

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Was thinking about something earlier. So if the stats guys can check ?

When was the last time we played a 3 man central midfield without the two ''proverbial wingers'' - Just a thought because I think we can beat Reading with our normal system but Newcastle might be the time to shut up shop ?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Nah.Maybe Newcastle should think about shutting up shop? :wink:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Nah.Maybe Newcastle should think about shutting up shop? :wink:

Nah

They over ran the midfield up there in the 1st half. We would have come back at them in the 2nd half if Baldock hadn't been sent off but this time it's all about playing the percentages.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
really don't think we have any need to shut up shop against Newcastle. teams that have attacked them and had less than us have been rewarded. I was up at st james in 1st game their tactics we good but we never played great. would've give them a better run for the money with 11 on the pitch though. am I right in thinking this was duffy's debut too? if so needed to build the defensive partnership

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We are a much better team than we were when we played them last. Don't forget, it took two set pieces to undo us. I just don't think we have anything to fear. Especially being at home :thumbsup:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

When was the last time we played a 3 man central midfield without the two ''proverbial wingers'' -

23/2/1924 at home to Man city in the last 16 of the FA Cup.

We lost 5-1.

We should stick to the "proverbial wingers". The stats don't lie.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

When was the last time we played a 3 man central midfield without the two ''proverbial wingers'' - Just a thought because I think we can beat Reading with our normal system but Newcastle might be the time to shut up shop ?

No. We need to show Newcastle who's boss in this division, not run scared and 'shut up shop'

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I would stick someone on Shelvey, as he's nothing without space and (will likely lose his head and get sent off) then attack as they are not as good as us.

If our team cannot get up for this, they shouldn't be playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I would stick someone on Shelvey, as he's nothing without space and (will likely lose his head and get sent off) then attack as they are not as good as us.

Out of possession that will undoubtedly be Sam Baldocks job.
Let's give them something to worry about first though. Also the Amex should be absolutely rocking for this one.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I'd bring back Kayal against Shelvey, wait for the former Hills Have Eyes loon to go mentalist or (more probably) racist and earn himself another six game ban.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps Newcastle could be the game when Liam Rosenior comes back into 1st team recognition, on the bench to add strength to the midfield if needed. Or is it too soon for him?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Perhaps Newcastle could be the game when Liam Rosenior comes back into 1st team recognition, on the bench to add strength to the midfield if needed. Or is it too soon for him?

I want Liam to come back vs Reading as a sub, score a last minute winner and amid manic celebrations, slide into Kermogant damaging his ankle ligaments and putting him out for 6 months.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I want Liam to come back vs Reading as a sub, score a last minute winner and amid manic celebrations, slide into Kermogant damaging his ankle ligaments and putting him out for 6 months.

Kermogant won't still be on the pitch, and none of our back 4 will be booked. :thumbsup:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I think Newcastle will be happy with a point and will be more concerned about how to stop AK, Baldock and Stephens from getting on the ball.

On reflection, how would we have done against them at SJP if Dunk & Duffy had their current partnership and if SB hadn't have been sent off.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Birmingham away last season we started with Stephens, Kayal and Sidwell but also played Lua Lua and Skalak out wide with Hemed up front. So not sure if it answers your question or not.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here