Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Points in the bag over games in hand

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I know it's a cliché but I'm so glad we played and won today and Newcastle didn't. Lots of people having a pop when we went out to Lincoln but now Hudds have to play a replay and one (or both) of them and Reading will drop points on Tuesday. Meanwhile it's Newcastle now technically looking over their shoulders even though we've played a game more.

Not all looking so bad after all is it? :drink:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Points on the board always passes the pressure back to the chasing pack

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I wasn't happy about losing to Lincoln, but forgot about it now, I'm really pleased they beat Burnley.

Great result today didn't really see that coming TBH, looking forward to next Saturday.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I wasn't happy about losing to Lincoln, but forgot about it now, I'm really pleased they beat Burnley.

Great result today didn't really see that coming TBH, looking forward to next Saturday.

I personally hope Huddersfield and Reading draw stopping Hudds winning run and then we beat Reading. I think that would make it a three horse race with us and Newcastle firm favourites.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Great position to be in Newcastle have to win to overtake us again and will be looking nervously at Huddersfield who now have 8 games in the next four weeks to our six

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I personally hope Huddersfield and Reading draw stopping Hudds winning run and then we beat Reading. I think that would make it a three horse race with us and Newcastle firm favourites.

I would rather Reading beat Huddersfield and then we beat Reading as that will stop both in their tracks.

Either will do, as long as we beat Reading next Saturday :thumbsup:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Goal difference means we're 7.5 above Huddersfield at present.
Hudds have to play Reading home Tue, away to Barnsley next Sat, away to Man City on the 28th, Newcastle home the following Sat.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Points on the board any day over so many hypothesis and scenarios that can drive you mad.

We are now in the position were we can sit back and say catch us, the pressure on Reading, Huddersfield and more so Newcastle because of the media and the supporters expectations is immense and the fail to succeed factor nerves could kick in...

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Even the best teams can suffer mental & physical exhaustion. The knocks don't get time to heal & bookings may pile up. I think our recent 'dip' has come from that mental exhaustion but we've come through that intact.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
And every time we win helps to did-hearten the chasing pack. Games begin to run out.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Hudds have to play Reading home Tue, away to Barnsley next Sat, away to Man City on the 28th, Newcastle home the following Sat.

Jeez. That's the stuff of nightmares (for them). Chortle. :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We are now in the position were we can sit back and say catch us, the pressure on Reading, Huddersfield and more so Newcastle because of the media and the supporters expectations is immense and the fail to succeed factor nerves could kick in...

Add the fact that their manager is off to Arsenal in the summer... :)

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
I'd much rather have the points. I know every game is huge from now to the end if the season but I think today's was vital for many reasons. Points, moral, pressure on the other teams.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Jeez. That's the stuff of nightmares (for them). Chortle. :)
...Followed by Villa (home) on the Tuesday, then a trip to Brentford ( or FA Cup) on the Saturday...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm really hoping (and expecting) Villa to go to Newcastle on Monday and give them a really tough game.

Forget the relative league positions - they both got relegated last season and so I think there will an added dynamic to the match. Obviously Newcastle have made a far better job of attempting to get straight back up than Villa, so I'm hoping Villa will have a point to prove to themselves and their supporters. I reckon this will be far more like a one-off cup game than a league match.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here