Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk's handball...

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
....it was most surely an upper arm used to fend off the ball but was he pushed into the position. We were lucky I think.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
First viewing m, clear pen. Second viewing clear shove to cause that handball. Third viewing, after the push some odd ploy to push Dunk's arm up onto the ball after the push!?

Decision - No pen...!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is right.

Here's one for you, as this is the featured game on C5 tonight.. Will ANY pundit mention the push, let alone the push in the arm?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
First viewing m, clear pen. Second viewing clear shove to cause that handball. Third viewing, after the push some odd ploy to push Dunk's arm up onto the ball after the push!?

Decision - No pen...!

I watched this a number of times too, Dunk's arm was pushed up to make contact with the ball. Did the Barnsley player mean to do it? I'd have been livid if the ref had given that.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I watched this a number of times too, Dunk's arm was pushed up to make contact with the ball. Did the Barnsley player mean to do it? I'd have been livid if the ref had given that.
Me too with my B&W specs on. However... you would not have been too surprised if a pen was given. Anyhow... makes up for the Murray kick in the head. 15 all!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Indeed - rather similar to the Bruno pen at Fulham. Lucky, I think.

Similar to Bruno's as in where it hit him, but Bruno had no-one around him and it was poor control that lead to the hand ball. Dunk was pushed IMO and it should have been a free kick to us.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Here's one for you, as this is the featured game on C5 tonight.. Will ANY pundit mention the push, let alone the push in the arm?

Depends what pundits they have as guest mumblers, it's usually forwards who look like they've dressed up for job interviews, who'll always have forward mentality.
Bring back Adam Virgo, at least he always entertaining :thumbsup:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
from where I was stood at opposite end of the pitch it looked a peno. but not as much as Baldock's when he got booked.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He was probably pissed off it WASN'T given......
Although the penalty not being given does guarantee he doesn't get seven shades of shite beaten out of him.

Swings and roundabouts.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Similar to Bruno's as in where it hit him, but Bruno had no-one around him and it was poor control that lead to the hand ball. Dunk was pushed IMO and it should have been a free kick to us.

Agreed. Not sure why it is being debated. At the game it would probably have been easy to miss but looking at the highlights it was clearly a foul on Dunk and should have been a free kick to us.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Just watched the second showing of the game highlights on channel 5. Commentator asks why does Dunk's arm unnatural swing upwards ? can he not see the man pushing it....never a penalty

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
He gets more than a push, you can actually see the Barnsley player lifting Dunk's arm towards the ball on the replays.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here