Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray's penalty appeal

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

So I was right on the indirect thing?! Yes I 100% saw a ref make the indirect signal maybe the Burton game or Ipswich game I wasn't imagining it. As for the rules - what constitutes a 'dangerous manner' (surely every foul can be considered this!?). Also, how do you impeed a players' progress without making contact? That is a seperate offence to dangerous play - I can only think of a high boot causing a player to dodge it etc? Not clear these football laws - don't get me started on handball. How many handballs are actually deliberate...?! Not many.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So I was right on the indirect thing?! Yes I 100% saw a ref make the indirect signal maybe the Burton game or Ipswich game I wasn't imagining it. As for the rules - what constitutes a 'dangerous manner' (surely every foul can be considered this!?). Also, how do you impeed a players' progress without making contact? That is a seperate offence to dangerous play - I can only think of a high boot causing a player to dodge it etc? Not clear these football laws - don't get me started on handball. How many handballs are actually deliberate...?! Not many.

Just read down a little further but impeding means stepping into the path of someone. There may be contact as he runs into you but that would still be obstruction. They also explain a bit about dangerous play. Raising your foot would be dangerous but it becomes a foul when contact is made, at least that is what I assume the distinction would be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here