Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale 8 -- one very good save, solid beyond that, brilliant distribution
Bruno 8.5 -- ninja
Duffy 8 -- solid
Dunk 8 -- ditto
Pocognoli 7 -- hope he's OK, looked like he did his hamstring at the end
Knockaert 7 -- lots of great stuff including two assists, but lots of selfish stuff
Stephens 9.5 MotM -- absolutely bossed it
Sidwell 8.5 -- intelligent sidekick
Murphy 4 -- March vs Reading please
Baldock 9 -- pain in the backside throughout the game, another beaut, and a tap-in
Murray 7.5 -- top stuff

That really was a quite brilliant performance in my view. Barnsley were a cracking side, well up for it, but we turned them over professionally

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Bruno 8.5 -- ninja
Duffy 8 -- solid
Dunk 8 -- ditto
Knockaert 7 -- lots of great stuff including two assists, but lots of selfish stuff
Baldock 9 -- pain in the backside throughout the game, another beaut, and a tap-in
Murray 7.5 -- top stuff

That really was a quite brilliant performance in my view. Barnsley were a cracking side, well up for it, but we turned them over professionally

How else could we turn them over?

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Stockers 7
Bruno 7
Duffy 8
Dunk 8
Pog 7

Knocky 8
Stephens 8
Sidwell 8
Murphy 7

Muzza 8
Baldock 9

Solid. Proffesional. Perfect away perfprmsnce. Well played lads. Back on song

WGull

Jan 27, 2017
Stockdale 8 -- one very good save, A little misunderstanding between him a Duffy but overall very very good.
Bruno 8.5 -- played well
Duffy 8 -- class, won everything in the air as ever
Dunk 8 -- fantastic
Pocognoli 7 -- sid enough
Knockaert 8-- first half didn't defend well but second half was magnificent
Stephens 9 -- Controlled it although a few misplaced passes
Sidwell 8.5 -- did his job well broke it up nicely
Murphy 6.5 -- was our better winger in the first half but anonymous in the second
Baldock 9.5 MOTM -- amazing first goal worked hard, got his rewards
Murray 7.5 -- won the flick on headers as per the game plan didn't do a huge amount other than that because baldock was doing it all

Overall thought we created the best chances and deserved the win although they should've had a pen. No idea how that wasn't given

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
That's a very harsh mark for Murphy, thought he chased back well today to help out the defenders.

I agree, he missed a sitter and another fairly good opportunity but he tormented and tracking back and defensive play was outstanding. I thought he put a bloody good shift in

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Bruno 8.5 -- ninja
Duffy 8 -- solid
Dunk 8 -- ditto
Murray 7.5 -- top stuff

Funny how we can all watch the same game but see it so differently I thought Murphy had a really good game gets back helps the defence and forward into good positions finishing was a bit off but on another day he could have had a couple of goals

Proconelli looked like he pulled his groin right at the end of the game like you hope really this is not serious

Murry and Baldock were very good

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That's a very harsh mark for Murphy, thought he chased back well today to help out the defenders.

I wasn't there as I was working a another match yesterday but was speaking to a man that was and he said the Barnsley full back was pressing forward in the early stages of the match so Jamie was withdrawn back to combat that and when he did then that was when we started to take control of the match in other areas of the pitch

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Funny how we can all watch the same game but see it so differently I thought Murphy had a really good game gets back helps the defence and forward into good positions finishing was a bit off but on another day he could have had a couple of goals.
Wasn't there so can't comment on overall performance, but to describe his finishing as 'a bit off' is possibly the understatement of the year!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
For the first time, I can give marks after actually being there!

Firstly, I thought it was an excellent team performance. Barnsley rarely threatened, Stockers did not have much to do really. We were winning the 50/50's again and did not let them settle. Murray and Baldock together were excellent and look like a top rate partnership in the making.

Defensively solid. All 8's.
Stephens and Sidwell both 8.5's
Knockers an 8.5 - my only criticism is that he always seems to try and score a worldy and needs to pick his passes better occasionally, but he did set up both goals and worked extremely hard for the team.
Murphy - 7. Had the beating of their full back (who looked a tad chubby) every time, but could not finish off his good work. Worked hard defensively though.
Murray - 9. Caused their central defenders no end of problems.
Baldock - 9.5. Was excellent throughout and obviously the MOM. Very impressed by his work rate and positioning, plus his finishing was top notch.

The pitch looked a bit dodgy, so not surprised March did not start.

Our fans were superb - no end to the singing throughout. I was particularly impressed with the Steve Sidwell song - thankfully KZN junior did not understand any of the songs, so that was a bonus. We had fantastic day out, Barnsley was a very friendly place to go to, as are most places up north I have to say. Sady I did not recognise anyone, although we did sit in front of a Dick Knight lookalike who was a pleasant chap.

On to the next one. Onwards and very definitely upwards!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bruno 8.5 -- ninja
Duffy 8 -- solid
Dunk 8 -- ditto
Murray 7.5 -- top stuff

which is the reason why we have to move heaven and earth to keep him

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Stockdale 7
Bruno 8
Pocognoli 7
Dunk 8
Duffy 8
Knockaert 7
Stephens 7
Sidwell 7
Murphy 5 - wasteful and lost most 50/50's.
Baldock 9
Murray 7

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here