Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Adams 'Prisoner'.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Haven't taken the plunge yet. His voice alone means he can get away with murder so no doubt I will in time.
In the meantime have you bought your Jason Isbell tickets for the Dome [MENTION=1510]Binney on acid[/MENTION] ?

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I've seen Isbell twice. I think he's fantastic, but I can't seem to pluck up any enthusiasm for this gig. The last album wasn't exactly life changing. Disappointed to see that Ryan Adams is playing The Royal Albert Hall. It's not exactly the most intimate of venues.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't decide if the last two posts aren't pisstakes or genuine :smile:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I must be one of the only people who likes Ryan Adams and Bryan Adams. Wife dragged me to a gig by the latter last year which was surprisingly excellent.

What I've heard of Prisoner on the radio so far has been really good and he did an interesting interview about it (6 music obvs).

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I played most of the album earlier. Strikes me that it's a collection of good and very good songs. It's too early to say how crucial it is. My problem is that I tend to compare everything I hear with Jackson Browne's 'Late for the sky', and 99.999999999% of what I hear, I consider to be mediocre by comparison. It's a bit like trying to compare a brilliant footballer with George Best in his prime.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here