Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which would you prefer; 3 points vs Newcastle or 3 points vs Reading?

Would you rather a win vs Newcastle or a win vs Reading?

• Newcastle obviously - I can't believe how MONUMENTALLY THICK you are

Votes: 56 65.9%
  • READING of course - my word you're such a ****

Votes: 29 34.1%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is it more important to keep Reading down? Or would you rather the psychological boost of beating the Toon and possibly reclaiming top spot?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Toon, beating them will give the lads massive confidence

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not sure.

Keep Reading down: Then it's a two-way fight for 2nd with us & 'Udders as the northerners sail into the Championship winning distance.
Beat the Toon off: Newcastle, 'Udders & Reading directly in our rear-view mirror in a 4-way-battle for the two top spots.

Can we beat them both please?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Newcastle. They are the only team who can still do the double over us....

And it's a family thing. Sat in the home end with my Geordie Brother-in-law at St James back in August.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ideally both obviously, but beating Reading would be good as I'm bringing the children to that one.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Fence

Newcastle have 2 very winnable games before we play them ... but if we can beat them well they then have to go away to Hudders and Reading in the same week ... we could throw them out of their stride

Reading are away at Hudders before us, I'm hoping for a Reading win to knock the Hudders confidence ... if that happens I'd want to beat Reading or they could get up a head of steam

The easy answer for me is to beat both and I think we are more than capable if we turn up with our A game

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fence

Newcastle have 2 very winnable games before we play them ... but if we can beat them well they then have to go away to Hudders and Reading in the same week ... we could throw them out of their stride

Reading are away at Hudders before that, I'm hoping for a Reading win to knock the Hudders confidence ... if that happens I'd want to beat Reading or they could get up a head of steam

The easy answer for me is to beat both and I think we are more than capable if we turn up with our A game

I disagree. If we beat Newcastle, they would be more determined to beat Reading to get back on track.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I disagree. If we beat Newcastle, they would be more determined to beat Reading to get back on track.

I'm not sure I agree that they will be any less determined to beat Reading if they beat us. If we were to do a Norwich on them (a big if I accept) they could be shellshocked though

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Reading. Keep them as far back as possible. Newcastle will finish first or second. Therefore we need to put as much distance between us and the pack. If we beat Reading/lose to Newcastle we'll be in the same position as we are now(in terms of the points gap) except we'll be two games closer to the end of the season. If we lose to Reading and beat Newcastle we'll potentially only be 2 points ahead of Reading and still a point behind Newcastle(same as we are now). I7ll take a safe second place over risking everything for first.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

If we have to choose one then Reading.. the bigger the gap to teams below us the better..

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm really not sure because although it's obvious you are monumentally thick, i really think when push comes to shove you are a bit of a ****. I just can't decide :shrug:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Barnsley.

Absolutely agree as we cannot afford to see the four point cushion reduced prior to Newcastle and Reading nor indeed thereafter until HT start dropping points.
Sadly, if we can't manage that, it may very well be game over sooner than later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here