wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Since when did Tesco sell wine as a 'Winter Essential'? Tesco2.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Buyer beware, according to a recent report, most of those offers are probably out of date.

Tesco are notorious for wrong ticketing. I used to shop in a Tesco where I lived previously, and watch the till as items went through. Several times I had to point out that an item was on offer, which the computer hadn't honoured (in date).
They also had items at, for example, 85p each or two for £1.95.

JakyBF

Apr 19, 2016
Heathfield
Tesco are notorious for wrong ticketing. I used to shop in a Tesco where I lived previously, and watch the till as items went through. Several times I had to point out that an item was on offer, which the computer hadn't honoured (in date).

Remember the 'Double the Difference' policy next time you are overcharged for something in Tesco which is marked at wrong price
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/te...e-difference-policy-left-me-nearly-50-richer/

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Tesco doing a price promotion... wheres the link to society changing?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yes, society has changed, along with its constituent parts. That's modernity for you.

yep this the age where people think that game of thrones is REAL history

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Also several times I have seen them have an offer on an item, the shelf space for the item is then filled with an alternate item which is still full price.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Brilliant marketing in that if you need two of the items on the day you are shopping you get charged more than if you had two separate baskets and got the items pried individually.

However the lack of awareness displayed by shoppers never ceases to amaze. The usual one is when a smaller size item is reduced in price so that 2 of the smaller items although being the same size or more of the larger item are cheaper than the larger item, but shoppers still blindly pick up the larger item off the shelf, thereby losing out on the saving.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I used to work in Tesco when I was student. I f***ing hated the people who checked every single item as it went through the till. They seemed to think it was my fault when an offer didn't get put on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I used to work in Tesco when I was student. I f***ing hated the people who checked every single item as it went through the till. They seemed to think it was my fault when an offer didn't get put on.

Now you know why. :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here