Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dropping a kerb

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Good luck. I hope West Sussex CC are better than Kent CC, I looked at doing the same last year, put off by an application fee of £350. I could have chosen any contractor I wanted but they had to meet certain criteria which ultimately meant it wasn't going to be a cheap or even moderately priced bit of work.

What... Bob and Chrissy have got fed up with you parking in the Weald Car Park ?... ;-)

Not sure how long they'll be there to be fair Marshy, and that spot is absolutely prime land for flats so might as well get it done now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you not have to have the council designated and approved contractors whose name will be supplied with the planning consent. When I lived in West Ewell a neighbour did it without approval and had to have it replaced and then re done by their approved contractors , not the local 'brazils' who did the original.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sussex Driveways. Owner around 80 STH. 4 years ago I met him great bloke. May have retired himself. Good work gang. Do all paperwork with council and utility providers. Price competitive. Job done in 2 days. Brighton based.
Worth getting a couple of quotes in.

Do you not have to have the council designated and approved contractors whose name will be supplied with the planning consent. When I lived in West Ewell a neighbour did it without approval and had to have it replaced and then re done by their approved contractors , not the local 'brazils' who did the original.

Apparently not according to WSCC website, they do publish a list of approved contractors but in the passage underneath the list they go on to say that other contractors will have the necessary accreditation and insurances.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I did wonder when [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] would appear with an 'dropping a kerb' anecdote. I did think it was slang for a massive dump

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently not according to WSCC website, they do publish a list of approved contractors but in the passage underneath the list they go on to say that other contractors will have the necessary accreditation and insurances.

As I said ours was in Surrey and about 30 years ago in the late 80s so things may have changed since then even in Surrey.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Got just the guys for you! :thumbsup:

driveway.jpg

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not sure how long they'll be there to be fair Marshy, and that spot is absolutely prime land for flats so might as well get it done now.

Its a huge plot for development I agree. Are they thinking of calling time on the place ? Do they own it ?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Good luck. I hope West Sussex CC are better than Kent CC, I looked at doing the same last year, put off by an application fee of £350. I could have chosen any contractor I wanted but they had to meet certain criteria which ultimately meant it wasn't going to be a cheap or even moderately priced bit of work.

Here in Leeds, the application fee and planning permission is £42, then find your own contractor and the work has to be signed off by the council.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here