Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SS-GB.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I doubt it'll be as good as The Man in the High Castle, which is excellent.

Count Otto Black

Jul 22, 2015
dunno but im really excited to watch it as i have the book on my shelf but havent got round to reading it yet, is the book good?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
My favourite Len Deighton novel,but not sure if it will transfer ok to TV,might be a bit hard to follow if not been read.Set in a recently occupied England,in a world where Nazi Germany and the USSR honour their pact,the rivalries can be a bit confusing.Main characters to follow are 'Archer of the Yard' (the 40's Jack Regan of Sweeney fame) and SS Standartenfuhrer Dr. Huth,a chilling emissary from Himmler's personal staff.Looking forward to it.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Looking forward to this.

The Novel is excellent, (apart from "Bomber" arguably Deighton's best) and I'm pleased it's to be a tv adaptation rather than a film which will allow the characters to develop properly.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
pcbukssgb03.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I preferred the real sequel: GB-DE

Flex Your Head

I remember looking at the book in the library a few times as a teenager, but always choosing a Sven Hassell to take home instead.

I finally read it last year and was genuinely shocked by how badly written it is and how dated the writing style is. Still, it's not a bad yarn and it's a fascinating premise, so I look forward to checking it out when it hits the schedules.

Daren't think how appalling the Hassell books would seem nowadays!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here