Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Siddy in todays' Argus.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Steve Sidwell was saying in today's Argus, how much better Albion are, when they play on the front foot, get their passing game going, nnd really get at opponents from the start. Hit the nail on the head I think.

It seems though, that the Burton game apart, we haven't really been able to do that for a while now. Any thoughts?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Steve Sidwell was saying in today's Argus, how much better Albion are, when they play on the front foot, get their passing game going, nnd really get at opponents from the start. Hit the nail on the head I think.

It seems though, that the Burton game apart, we haven't really been able to do that for a while now. Any thoughts?
I agree.

:)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Think a few players aren't flying at the moment. Not picking the right choices for passes etc.. I think we'll come thru it and the 'spark' will be back.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Other teams know that too. Teams that press us, stop us getting on the front foot, tend to do better than those that don't.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Other teams know that too. Teams that press us, stop us getting on the front foot, tend to do better than those that don't.

It's certainly true, that opponents have sussed out our strengths now, and try to stifle our passing game, particularly at the Amex, but we have to find ways to overcome it. Going behind to that early goal against Ipswich was probably the worst thing that could have happened, as it gave them the chance to play defensively, and slow the game down, wasting as much time as possible.

In many ways I'd prefer to play other teams who like to play more expansive football, Reading and Newcastle for instance, as it will give us more time on the ball, more areas to play in, and the chance to get forward.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Going behind to that early goal against Ipswich was probably the worst thing that could have happened, as it gave them the chance to play defensively, and slow the game down, wasting as much time as possible.

Nowhere near as bad as Cardiff though. I lost any respect I had (and I didn't have much) for Warnock that evening.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's certainly true, that opponents have sussed out our strengths now, and try to stifle our passing game, particularly at the Amex, but we have to find ways to overcome it. Going behind to that early goal against Ipswich was probably the worst thing that could have happened, as it gave them the chance to play defensively, and slow the game down, wasting as much time as possible.

In many ways I'd prefer to play other teams who like to play more expansive football, Reading and Newcastle for instance, as it will give us more time on the ball, more areas to play in, and the chance to get forward.

We'll probably have about 20% possession against Reading

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Nowhere near as bad as Cardiff though. I lost any respect I had (and I didn't have much) for Warnock that evening.

I don't particularly care for Warnock, but I do admire him, and don't think he can be blamed for playing to his team's strengths. After all, his style has proved very successful in the Championship over ther years, and Cardiff are absolutely flying at the moment. With the players that Warnock had at his disposal against us, they would have been soundly thrashed if they had tried to play a more open game.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't particularly care for Warnock, but I do admire him, and don't think he can be blamed for playing to his team's strengths. After all, his style has proved very successful in the Championship over ther years, and Cardiff are absolutely flying at the moment. With the players that Warnock had at his disposal against us, they would have been soundly thrashed if they had tried to play a more open game.

Warnock' tecord speaks for itself. He is a cynical old dinosaur but his players will run through brick walls for him. I like to slag him off and his teams have caused me some grief as an Albion fan but no denying that he is a winner and a character.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Seem to remember we had double that away.

Early season when Stam hadn't stamped his Poyet/Barcelona tactics on them. I exaggerate but I doubt we'll be dominant in possession.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Early season when Stam hadn't stamped his Poyet/Barcelona tactics on them. I exaggerate but I doubt we'll be dominant in possession.

Reading games, like Brentford, have always been weird ones for us.
Didn't play well v Brentford, but came back every time.
Well have to break the duck at Readings tinpotski ground and get back on track.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Reading games, like Brentford, have always been weird ones for us.
Didn't play well v Brentford, but came back every time.
Well have to break the duck at Readings tinpotski ground and get back on track.

Except we're playing them at the Amex :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If the season had started when Cardiff appointed Warnock, they'd currently be just outside the playoffs, a mere 2 points behind Huddersfield.

(We'd be joint 2nd with Leeds, 3 points behind Newcastle)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Except we're playing them at the Amex :lolol:

Screenshot_2017-02-16-19-49-21.png
Apologies, I'm going fecking mad I think:shootself
Corrected:

Well have to break the duck at Readings tinpotski ground, if ever there again:cheers:

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
With the players that Warnock had at his disposal against us, they would have been soundly thrashed if they had tried to play a more open game.

But since playing us they have won all 3 of their away games. Are you saying they had lots of injuries for our game?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here