Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

to close for comfort

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
10pm last night the other half was moaning rather loudly, rang 111 and very quickly and ambulance arrived,
she was seen very quickly and the suspected stroke idea was abandoned, she was bad very bad.
I was ushered to the pastoral room,really not want I wanted to see but was assured it was only because it was quiet.
after loads of morphine scan and several blood tests and told she would be kept at least until the morning. came home fed the cats made myself a tea and settled down for a snooze.
5mins later phone goes 6.30am voice the other end asks are you ready to bring your wife home, be there in half an hour
will I BLOODY RIGHT I WILL BE THERE!!
Doctor says it was probably a virus (lots of it around apparently) and can last only a few hours?
home and reasonably well now
12 hours ago she look and was near to death

BRINGS IT HOME
LOOK AFTER YOUR LOVED ONES

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Had the same with my gf although they said it was a flu like virus. She had a stinking cold and awful chesty cough and then just came over very dizzy and nauseous before announcing she was going to pass out and then promptly doing so. Given the awful noises she made whilst out, I will admit to not even thinking of 111 and dialled 999. The ambulance crew really struggled to get her upright, let alone downstairs. 5 hours in A&E and after blood tests and chest X Rays, we were dismissed.

Don't know if it was the same as she most likely had the flu as took two weeks to start eating properly again. No desire to see someone in that state again any time soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here