Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wenger,wish me luck as you wave me goodbye.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Has been plenty in the media of late over the "short-sighted" Frenchman,s future and maybe after the 5-1 C/Lge defeat "our Vera" may well be about to be heard again ?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well, the other night when interviewed he said his job was to entertain the fans. He certainly entertained lots of Spurs and Bayern fans tonight. I like Arsene, but can't see where he can go from here.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Happy if he leaves. See if they can get someone else who'll land them top four umpteen years in a row.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]831975783539339266[/tweet]

[tweet]831973751608733696[/tweet]

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
They'll be the first club on earth to sack a manager who they built a statue of.

He won't be sacked the club will leave any decision to stay or go to Wenger.

The club are happy with a top 4 finish and CL qualification.

The question probably is does Wenger have the desire to completely rebuild the squad and to a degree go against his current blueprint of technically good players but no effective ball winners or leaders.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The question probably is does Wenger have the desire to completely rebuild the squad and to a degree go against his current blueprint of technically good players but no effective ball winners or leaders.

well he hasnt done so for the past decade, so unlikely to start now. have alot of sympathy for him, he done as the board asked and kept spending down for so many years, but when they released the purse strings he failed to buy in key areas, and never improved physical stength and depth in the squad. too many great, skillfull players, without much sign of solidity.

predict he'll not renew the contract, make it easy on the club.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
They'll be the first club on earth to sack a manager who they built a statue of.

I don't think there could have been a greater fall from grace after many years of coaching a (American) football team (1966 to 2011) than that of Pennsylvania State Uni football coach, Joe Paterno. Paterno is the most victorious coach in NCAA history.His fall came after 55 years of being in charge when it was learned that he knew one of his assistant coaches, Jerry Sandusky, was a pedophile and was molesting children in the changing room at the Uni. Paterno covered up this fact along with the president of the Uni. Paterno's statue was removed during the next season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Paterno

Paterno's abbreviated 2011 season was his 62nd on the Penn State coaching staff, which gave him the record for most seasons for any football coach at a single university.

"My name, I have spent my whole life trying to make that name mean something. And now it's gone."

—Joe Paterno, following his termination

Also in 2010, the Big Ten Conference established the Stagg-Paterno Championship Trophy as the annual trophy to be awarded to the winner of the conference football championship. However, on November 14, 2011, the trophy name was changed to the Stagg Championship Trophy in light of the Sandusky child abuse scandal.

Paterno was also nominated for the Presidential Medal of Freedom. However, in light of the Sandusky child abuse scandal, United States Senators Pat Toomey and Bob Casey, Jr., as well as Representative Glenn Thompson withdrew their support of Paterno receiving the honor.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wenger looked a broken man during the post-match interview last night. Thought he was going to cry. He'll go at the end of the season on his own terms, but he'll tell the board sometime soon so they can start lining up his replacement I reckon.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Arsenal's performance this season is likely to be similar to the last 10 seasons, nothing has changed much

Their failure has been mostly due to trying to run their club in a sustainable manner, you just aren't allowed to do this in English football

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
People say Wenger doesn't spend money but that is wrong. He's spunked £132million on the following dross: Ospina, Debuchy, Gabriel, Lucas Perez, Mustafi, Callum Chambers, Xhaka, Elneny.

The problem is that too many of his recent signings have been sub-standard. In prior years Arsenal have had enough quality to at least have a chance of winning the Prem and the Champions League but I think this might be the year they miss out on a Top 4 place altogether.

I think this is the tipping point for Wenger. The players don't seem to be responding to him like they used to, a lot of half-hearted performances over recent weeks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When are we going to get Brighton & Hove Albion fan TV? I would love that ;)
When pissproof recording devices have been invented.

We could make Arsenal fans look like rank amateurs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here