Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WHC X* Semi Final 2 - Jaguar Vs Honey Badger

Who's harder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Whooooo Haaaaa! as Al Pacino was wont to say. This could be a stone cold classic. Jaguar is having one of, if not the, greatest debut campaigns of all time. He's already made History by handing Polar Bear his first ever defeat, what more can he achieve? Can he see off Honey Badger, the competitor that gets peoples juices flowing the most. Whether you love him or hate him Honey Badger brings the votes out. He'll be looking to return to the final for the fourth time. One is a hard as nails killing machine, the other is a hard as nails brawler, This could go either way.

As always, please THINK CAREFULLY before voting. A place in the final is at stake.

48 hours, two beasts, one vote, one winner.

The Combatants:

Jaguar

e34d59a84f6844800d23a08a4f982b53.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar

Road to the semi final:

Quarter final: Beat Polar Bear 63 - 62
2nd round: Beat Chinstrap Penguin 74 - 25
Group B: 1st (29 votes)

I'm already running out of superlatives for Jaguar's WHC. He won his group, smashed chinstrap Penguin, beat the three times Champion and until then never defeated Polar Bear in the quarters...and this is his DEBUT campaign. Ridiculous. How has he managed these outstanding feats? It certainly helps having David Attenborough in your corner but Jaguar has a hell of a lot going for him regardless of his hype man. He's a sleek, agile finely tuned killing machine. An apex predator who is equally adept at swimming and climbing trees as he is on the ground. Basically wherever you go, he'll be there, stalking you. And when he strikes....you're done. One bite from his mighty jaws to the base of your skull and you're gone. His jaws can pierce reptilian armour so a simple skull is crushed, your brain obliterated, your life vanquished. On top of his special killing moves he possesses real aggression and ferocity. You really don't want to piss him off...

VS

Honey Badger

mokoro-in-Okavango-1.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_badger

Road to semi final:

Quarter final: Beat Hippo 69 - 51
2nd round: beat Seagull 76 - 37
Group A: 1st (44 votes)

There's not a lot left to say about Honey Badger either. Ever since he burst onto the scene in WHC I he has drawn a large, devoted and vocal fan base. Three times a finalist but never a winner it takes something extraordinary to defeat him. What is it that the fans love about him? Well, he's pretty much perfectly designed for the competition. Small but very powerful this little headcase lives in some of the worlds least hospitable environs among some of the world's deadliest beasts...and loves it. He'll happily have a go at anything that crosses its path. Poisonous snakes? No problem? The poison might knock him out but when he regains consciousness he'll carry on eating the toxic ****er. Lions? Yeah, no problem. If they get in his way shit is going down. Rumoured to be fond of emasculating his opponents. Size does not matter to this small ball of fur and power and aggression. What else would you like form a WHC competitor?

Yoda

English & European
Lets put this Honey Badger myth to bed shall we?

Yes, they are hard as nails and tough to kill, but they do not go about killing lions. They attack them in self defence.
As for the "ripping the gonads off a Lion", it's the lionesses that hunt, not the Lion, so how can it rip something off that doesn't exist?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I saw a honey badger earlier today.

It was helping an old lady across the road before
staring wistfully at some kittens in a pet shop. .

signed
"Jaguar to win" campaign staff

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Nice vid , that's made my mind up , over a hour to kill a near toothless old Badger (sounds like a night out at the club down pool valley ) a third of the size of the leopard , Honey Badger it is .

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Is there a direct correlation between the Albion's oh-so-nears, season after season, and the honey badger's in this competition? I think there is.

Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. But are you prepared to take that risk?

The honey badger needs to be crowned the WHC for the Albion to finally achieve promotion. It's written.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Is there a direct correlation between the Albion's oh-so-nears, season after season, and the honey badger's in this competition? I think there is.

Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. But we e you prepared to take that risk?

The bhoney badger needs to be crowned the WHC for the Albion to finally achieve promotion. It's written.

Is that 'bh' pronounced 'f'. Irish spelling?

Team JAG

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
What does a Jaguar have to fear in it's South American rainforest habitat? Caiman Crocs, and Anaconda's. OK, fair enough on paper the other Apex predators are formidable but then so is the Jaguar in terms of power and weaponry. So being able to look after itself in such a habitat is impressive but not THAT impressive. It should really be able to look after itself given it's physique.

Now for the Honey Badger. On paper, he's just a Badger with a fancy Donald Trump hair-do. There are many animals in it's habitat that should be able to devour the Honey Badger in a couple of mouthfuls or simply trample it to death. The list is formidable, Lions, Leopards, Hyena's, Crocs, Hippos, Elephants, Buffalo, Rhino, Wild dogs, Monitor Lizards, highly venomous snakes... the list goes on and on. But they don't, the Honey Badger is respected and given a wide berth by all of the above. If you mess with him, you know you're in for a fight.

There is so much video evidence to back up the above. Countless videos and blog posts of Honey Badgers demonstrating their toughness. And if people need reminding of these, I'm more than happy to share.

It really all depends on how you measure 'hardness'. For me it's not about which creature is the scariest or biggest. It's about how fearless, and head mental they are. You just don't get tougher than a Honey Badger, period. Of course I'm not suggesting a Honey Badger could kill a Jaguar, but I can guarantee you that it would not turn up the opportunity to have a ruck with one regardless of how big and scary it is.

Last edited:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I feel it is much too close to call at the moment. I am going to have to see a lot of pro and con argument before I cast my Vote.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
What does a Jaguar have to fear in it's South American rainforest habitat? Caiman Crocs, and Anaconda's. OK, fair enough on paper the other Apex predators are formidable but then so is the Jaguar in terms of power and weaponry. So being able to look after itself in such a habitat is impressive but not THAT impressive. It should really be able to look after itself given it's physique.

Now for the Honey Badger. On paper, he's just a Badger with a fancy Donald Trump hair-do. There are many animals in it's habitat that should be able to devour the Honey Badger in a couple of mouthfuls or simply trample it to death. The list is formidable, Lions, Leopards, Hyena's, Crocs, Hippos, Elephants, Buffalo, Rhino, Wild dogs, Komodo dragons, highly venomous snakes... the list goes on and on. But they don't, the Honey Badger is respected and given a wide berth by all of the above. If you mess with him, you know you're in for a fight.

There is so much video evidence to back up the above. Countless videos and blog posts of Honey Badgers demonstrating their toughness. And if people need reminding of these, I'm more than happy to share.

It really all depends on how you measure 'hardness'. For me it's not about which creature is the scariest or biggest. It's about how fearless, and head mental they are. You just don't get tougher than a Honey Badger, period. Of course I'm not suggesting a Honey Badger could kill a Jaguar, but I can guarantee you that it would not turn up the opportunity to have a ruck with one regardless of how big and scary it is.

Bulls*it. :)

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
It really all depends on how you measure 'hardness'. For me it's not about which creature is the scariest or biggest. It's about how fearless, and head mental they are.

Agreed. So I'll be putting you down as Team MOUSE in the final then*

*assuming you're not a massive hypocrite.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
There are many animals in it's habitat that should be able to devour the Honey Badger in a couple of mouthfuls or simply trample it to death. The list is formidable: .... Komodo dragons...

Er, ok...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I need someone to really sell the Jaguar to me. I've not had the benefit of seeing David Attenborough big him up so I need convincing as to why I should vote for him. The big cats have never done well in this tournament...what makes the Jaguar different?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, they are hard as nails and tough to kill, but they do not go about killing lions. They attack them in self defence.
As for the "ripping the gonads off a Lion", it's the lionesses that hunt, not the Lion, so how can it rip something off that doesn't exist?

They'be been known to castrate BUFFALO as well.

Plus there was photographic evidence of the lion castration supplied last year.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
We have a badger living near us so I'm backing him.

We also have a mouse nearby too though so not sure about the final!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here