Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New laptop help

Sorry ladies n gents but NSC always comes up trumps

Bought the boy a new laptop for homework etc.

It's an HP

During the initial set up he only entered his mothers mobile number once, a four figure pin once and a new password once. He was given a new @outlook e mail address.

After an hour or so of installing updates etc he's tried to use it, his new email address is on the screen and it needs a password to enter the system. None of the info he's entered works.

There is a message in screen that he can reset his password on the Microsoft site but again it doesn't acknowledge his account.

Am I being really thick here.?

A nice man from "Microsoft" usually rings me once a day for my bank details, shall I wait for him?

Thanks in advance.

Ps I have tried turning it off and on

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
During the initial set up he only entered his mothers mobile number once, a four figure pin once and a new password once. He was given a new @outlook e mail address.

After an hour or so of installing updates etc he's tried to use it, his new email address is on the screen and it needs a password to enter the system.
Did it ask for an existing email account, where the details for the new email account will have been sent?
Go on another PC and try and log into the new email. I assume you won't be able to, so go onto MS help and ask for the password to be reset and sent to you (hopefully they have an email address or phone number for you).

Did it ask for an existing email account, where the details for the new email account will have been sent?
Go on another PC and try and log into the new email. I assume you won't be able to, so go onto MS help and ask for the password to be reset and sent to you (hopefully they have an email address or phone number for you).

Thanks, This is the thing though, we never gave them an existing email address, just the information listed in my opening post. There is a trouble shooting page a Microsoft I'll have a look, I was just hopeful the gurus on NSC knew a quick fix.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks, This is the thing though, we never gave them an existing email address, just the information listed in my opening post. There is a trouble shooting page a Microsoft I'll have a look, I was just hopeful the gurus on NSC knew a quick fix.
Someone on NSC couldn't sign in to their Windows PC, and posted a thread, and there was a workaround. You could search for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here