Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Barnsley

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We need to freshen it up a bit based on last night imo.

For me...

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Pocognoli

Knockaert
Sidwell
Stephens
Murphy

Murray
Akpom

Subs: Walton, Tomori, Kayal, March, Skalak, Baldock, Hemed

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't think Akpom has shown anything whatsoever to warrant a start yet. Baldock has only just got back from injury! Want our best players playing.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli

Sidwell
Kayal
Stephens

Knockaert
Hemed
March

Walton
Tomori
Norwood
Murphy
Skalak
Murray
Baldock

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
As it's away from home I'd keep it the same except skalak for March.
Let's be honest, everyones been a bit pony recently, so Skalak is due his turn. Hopefully he'll see it as his chance to try and win his place back. One of March/Murphy/Skalak need to cement that left wing position from themselves as Knockert has done on the right. Skali might have spent enough time on the bench recently to decide he wants it. We all know he's a quality player and i think he deserves a chance to show it again.

I'd let Hemed keep the shirt too as it's an away game and he's in form.

I also think Knockert is close to being due 'a rest' but I'll keave that to Houghton to decide.

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Poco

Skalak
Stephens
Sidwell
Knockert

Baldock
Hemed

Walton
Tomori
March
Kayal
Murphy
Akpom
Murray

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't think Akpom has shown anything whatsoever to warrant a start yet. Baldock has only just got back from injury! Want our best players playing.

He's only had 10-20 mins here and there. Baldock didn't look himself at all to me last night, fatigue?

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Just Murphy in for Knockaert & Murray for Tomer. I would like to see Knockaert rested to be honest, but not sure about March on the right.

Stockdale
Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Pocognoli
Murphy
Sidwell
Stephens
Knockaert

Murray
Baldock

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Akpon for Baldock
Murray for Hemed
Murphy for March
Kayal for Sidwell or Stevens

Kayal is our best midfielder and can retain ball well with players round him
Murray Although not great can win in air and first touch better then Hemed
Akpon Adds pace in middle
Murphy Attacks defenders well just needs to improve crossing

March Ideal to come on later.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Not saying Akpom is an obika or best but I do wonder if not signing a more established forward in January will be our d'oh moment of the season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The question is:-

'do you pick the Barnsley team for the Barnsley game, or do you pick the team for the following 2 games'?

A Burtonesque win last night and I'd have been happy with the Skalak, Murphy, Norwood, Sidwell, draw away from home team, that CH was picking a couple of months ago.

Not so sure now.

I'd like to freshen it up a bit but wouldn't want to knee jerk reaction after so many slightly below par performances.
Kayal for Sidwell then and either bring in Murray or change one of the wingers for Murphy, but not do both.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Pocognoli
Knockaert-Stephens-Kayal-March
Murray-Baldock

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
If you look through the recent ratings threads, Sidwell is usually either MotM or close to it. Why on earth do so many people want him dropped for Kayal, who quite frankly is unfit & out of form?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Stockdale
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Pocognoli
Knockaert-Stephens-Kayal-March
Murray-Baldock

Similar but I'd try Murphy and Sidwell in centre MF. Perhaps it's not time for experimenting but for me the lack of pace and ambition in centre MF is our biggest problem. Stephens is too sideways/backwards for me and a midfield including Knockaert, Murphy and March would have speed and guile.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We need to freshen it up a bit based on last night imo.

For me...

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Pocognoli

Knockaert
Sidwell
Stephens
Murphy

Murray
Akpom

Subs: Walton, Tomori, Kayal, March, Skalak, Baldock, Hemed

I would go with that, Murphy is the weak link for me though. If he's firing on all cylinders then great, but he does go missing in a lot of games. Akpom is an unknown from a starting berth, so will be interesting if he starts and gets a decent run out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here