Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flexible Draws Down

megcat

Sep 6, 2012
Chelwood Gate
The thorny subject of pensions is something I have (thankfully) to tackle soon. I know this is a boring topic but has anyone gone through the joy and pain of selecting a flexible draw down provider and pass on any tips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I would definitely discuss options with a qualified financial professional as the decision you end up taking will impact the whole of your retirement. There are also tax implications that need to be considered so that you end up with the most tax efficient solution for your circumstances.

Hereford Gull

Jan 21, 2004
Margaret River WA
I'm using Hargreaves Lansdown for drawdown from SIPP, not the cheapest but good service and easy to use. Whether to use drawdown "ees complicated", things like what other (reliable) income sources do you have, attitude to risk, health, tax position during drawdown, death benefits ...if not sure use an advisor

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would you even be able to set one up yourself without going through an Independent Financial Advisor? Certainly not, er, advisable IMHO.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
you wont go wrong with either of these Drawdown expert firms - Standard life & Old Mutual but yes get proper advice, the small fee you'll pay will be nothing compared to what a good adviser can save you in tax (efficient income choices) under drawdown

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Speak to these people first, it's free and will give you basic info.

www.pensionwise.gov.uk

If having spoken them you think drawdown is for you then find a decent IFA who will recommend a provider and help you decide how best to access your funds.

I am an IFA but based in the North West so probably not much help!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here