Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Sidwell instead of Kayal?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The Stephens and Kayal midfield partnership was the key to our success last season. We need Kayak to unlock teams like Ipswich. He was our player of the season last year. I just don't understand why he's not playing.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Because he's coming back from a long injury and is yet to play a full 90, reserves or otherwise. Compared to Sidders who has and has played very well throughout.

If you want to look at midfield weaknesses tonight then Stephens is worth a glance. Caught in possession more than once.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Because he's coming back from a long injury and is yet to play a full 90, reserves or otherwise. Compared to Sidders who has and has played very well throughout.

If you want to look at midfield weaknesses tonight then Stephens is worth a glance. Caught in possession more than once.

Of the four across midfield, Sidwell was comfortably our best player tonight. He was immense against Burton too. Knockaert had another poor game, and got too much wrong, starting with that weak, poorly directed effort in the first half. Stephens didn't just get caught in possession, he made a number of misplaced passes. Those two were the primary culprits behind our slow start and poor display tonight.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

This. Kayak is off the pace, Sid well was immense against Burton.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The Stephens and Kayal midfield partnership was the key to our success last season. We need Kayak to unlock teams like Ipswich. He was our player of the season last year. I just don't understand why he's not playing.

Not fit enough yet and Sidwell has been playing well and did so again tonight.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
yes could have got MOTM though thought Bruno had a great game. To me it was wrong substitution Ak should have gone off rather than Solly who was looking good.

Well our play was hopelessly scrappy and direct tonight. Long ball after long ball that played into the hands of a McCarthy team.

Think getting Kayal back into the team now might be key to finishing top 2

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
yes could have got MOTM though thought Bruno had a great game. To me it was wrong substitution Ak should have gone off rather than Solly who was looking good.
Another thing I didn't understand. Knocky was having a shocker. Mind you, Murphy when he came on was completely ineffective as ever. How much better would it be to have kept Kaz and have him on the bench?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Another thing I didn't understand. Knocky was having a shocker. Mind you, Murphy when he came on was completely ineffective as ever. How much better would it be to have kept Kaz and have him on the bench?

When Murphy runs into the box he looked dangerous but his crossing was poor. He should have come on for AK and march stay on.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Murphy ineffective? You must have watched a different game - I thought he played very well once he came on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here