Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did Knockaert get anything right tonight?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm struggling to think of anything.

I think he's just trying too hard.

Agreed. Normally it's TV games but he had a stinker tonight. Mainly down to poor decision making

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Didn't see him today, but he really seems to be trying a bit too much. It's difficult isn't it? He plays the way he plays, but you feel he needs a little bit of coaching, a bit more discipline in his decision making. I suppose that's why he's not a superstar.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Again he's been mostly crap for months. He had a great run at the end of last season. But there's a reason Leicester and liege let him go. He's good but too inconsistent.

Still love him but; he ain't the Messiah that everyone has him pinned as.

Hopefully he will stay if we don't go up

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We're playing like a team expecting special from someone rather than building collectively. It seemed the expectancy was give it to Knocky or March and they'll conjure up some magic. We needed to do more as a team.

Last edited:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Again he's been mostly crap for months. He had a great run at the end of last season. But there's a reason Leicester and liege let him go. He's good but too inconsistent.

You really are on a down-low tonight aren't you

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
He's allowed an off night, tried too hard tonight, suggest he wants promotion for this club more than most.

Keep the faith and back him 100%.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree with most the comments on this thread. He's a talent, certainly, but his decision-making is poor too often. He should have so many more assists, given the positions he gets himself in, but there's too many shots on goal from tight angles, to pick out his worst tendency.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Mate, that's utter rubbish.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Pretty harsh on the lad. Destroyed Wednesday. 2 assists v Brentford 2 at the weekend and other goals chipped in as well. Hate to see him when he is good.
He's inconsistent at times and personally he is so desperate to do get promoted for his dad I think the joy and love for the game that made him so good has gone a little. Tonight a prime example so desperate to do well he over did it all.

rinswun

Sep 28, 2010
Has been outstanding in the main this season, but tonight was as poor as I've seen from him. Was surprised he didn't get subbed as it was obvious it wasn't his day. Might be a candidate for a rest up at Barnsley before the big home games with Reading and Newcastle?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Utter rubbish.

10 goals. 4 assists in the last 2 games. Inconsistent, yes. Frustrating, at times. Genius, at times. Crap? Never.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

There's nothing wrong in having an opinion, but base that opinion on facts. Leicester offered him a contract but that was when Knockaert's father was first ill, so he turned them down to go to Belgium, because his parents live very close to the Belgian border.
His father's health improved, and Knocky wanted to play in England again, so when we made an offer, Standard Liege sold him to us. Neither team 'let him go'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here