Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What have you bought your lover for Valentines Day?

What have you bought your lover for Valentines Day?

• A book/book token

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Cuddly/Soft Toy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Sex Toy

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Chocolate

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Savoury Food

• A meal out

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • A takeaway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flowers

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • A short break/holiday

• Kitchen/Household Appliance(s)

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cash

• Something Else

Votes: 23 41.8%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
???

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I'm going to the Amex
Not out with you

No presents this year but going away to Seville for a few days on Thursday. Completely coincidental to the marathon being on Sunday of course :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Tickets to see Adele in Melbourne in 4 weeks time.

She's a big fan, and I need the brownie points for a massive end of season promotion party piss-up week.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Where's the option of nothing..........

...... anyway, my head has (apparently) been turned by HKFC

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We're still recovering from the weekend that I got her for Valentine's Day. I can't go into more detail but she's very happy. :love:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
F'ck all... what is it about this date that makes me feel uncomfortable? (I do have a girlfriend).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I'm going to the Amex
Not out with you

No presents this year but going away to Seville for a few days on Thursday. Completely coincidental to the marathon being on Sunday of course :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

If you can get to Perro Viejo for dinner and have the ribs and the ceviche. Fantastic.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
F'ck all... what is it about this date that makes me feel uncomfortable? (I do have a girlfriend).

In many relationships there is a very unbalanced expectation from one partner to another about what this day means. As a result many people have taken this route over the years.

We have a girl in our office who religiously gets Valentine flowers sent in to the office from her husband and when we ask her what she has got him, she says nothing, it's his job to treat her on Valentines Day. WHAT THE **** IS THAT ALL ABOUT??!!

Within minutes of receiving them today, she posted a picture on facebook and told everyone how lucky she is.

I pity her.

That said Mr and Mrs Giraffe do participate in Valentines Day, but in our way. We won't be posting about it on facebook because we live together. I won't be sending flowers to her work, because we live together.

Valentines Day is not a day for other people, it's about you and your partner, if you chose between you that you want to. Too many, often women, use it as an excuse to reconfirm to the outside world that their partner loves them. It's a shame.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here