Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best and Worst Albion Player You Ever Saw

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I know there have been loads of threads over the years but never seen anything truly definitive from NSC.

For me:

Best - Vicente (although I would question whether he was best for the team)

Worst - Justin Hoyte. How he became a professional footballer is a complete mystery to me

Oct 25, 2003
I know there have been loads of threads over the years but never seen anything truly definitive from NSC.

For me:

Worst - Justin Hoyte. How he became a professional footballer is a complete mystery to me

Gavin Hoyte

for me:

Best: Anthony Knockaert (more effective than Vicente overall)

Worst: Turienzo (looked like he'd never played football before)

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes

For me:

Best, you know what I'm saying Knockeart
Worst - today I'll go Graeme Smith

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

For me:

Vicente is hands down the BEST footballer that ever played for Brighton. Not the best performer (over any length of time) actually FOR the Albion, but he was utterly blessed with an incredible talent. Astonishing that he played here at all, frankly.

Justin Hoyte never played for Brighton.

The worst performance I saw from an Albion player - and its the only time I saw him play for the club - was Wes Fogden, away at Cheltenham. A boy in a men's game. Hopelessly out of his depth.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Obviously Vicente/Knockaert are class but for me Bridge or Upson are worth a shout-fantastic defenders

Worst would probably be Chris McPhee

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Best: Vicente. Oozed class whenever he got on the pitch.

Worst: Alistair John. Only played a handful of games for us on loan from Charlton but it was painfully clear that if he couldn't run 100m in less than 10 seconds no professional club would have looked at him twice. Inability to control a ball, couldn't beat a man and his crossing made Kaz look like Beckham.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Peter Ward.
Federico Turienzo.

Or maybe Lawrenson.
McCammon.

Or maybe Horton.
Arismendi.

Oct 25, 2003
Obviously Vicente/Knockaert are class but for me Bridge or Upson are worth a shout-fantastic defenders

Worst would probably be Chris McPhee

harsh on McPhee who had a reasonable 2003-04 season (well a few months of it anyway). Never prolific but was strong and at least a bit of a nuisance before forging a decent career at Conference Level. We've had worse strikers and worse strikers from the youth team.

Oct 25, 2003
Worst: Alistair John. Only played a handful of games for us on loan from Charlton but it was painfully clear that if he couldn't run 100m in less than 10 seconds no professional club would have looked at him twice. Inability to control a ball, couldn't beat a man and his crossing made Kaz look like Beckham.

yes he was very poor

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Best : Vicente

Worst : Mahoney Johnson , by a considerable country mile

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Best: Wardy
Worst: Damian Hilton; like having Herman Munster up front. Glen Thomas should get a mention for his defensive masterclass at Brentford but he had played OK midweek before that.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Best: Knockaert (just pipping Vicente)
Worst: Several - Best, Obika, Paynter, Lita, Hawkins, Holroyd etc. (common theme here minus Hawkins). Would have to go with Best.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Vicente is hands down the BEST footballer that ever played for Brighton. Not the best performer (over any length of time) actually FOR the Albion, but he was utterly blessed with an incredible talent. Astonishing that he played here at all, frankly.

Justin Hoyte never played for Brighton.

The worst performance I saw from an Albion player - and its the only time I saw him play for the club - was Wes Fogden, away at Cheltenham. A boy in a men's game. Hopelessly out of his depth.

Quite right.

Hoyte was so bad I got his name wrong....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here