Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

annoying adverts

mefromringmer

Aug 9, 2013
I'm getting really peed off with all the pop up adverts that keep appearing. Especially Santander and BMW which totally fill the screen and can't easily get rid of. Any suggestions????

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Every time the adverts come on it's 'Who Killed the F*ing Zutons', I'm not buying it on principle

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I am heartily sick of betting app ads - and especially the one with Ray Winstone which seems to be shown every 30 seconds.

What really gets me though is that we are told to bet responsibly at the end, yet are completely inundated with flashy high budget marketing ads enticing us to do exactly the opposite.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Funnily enough I came on NSC on a different pc the other day, so not logged in, but forgot. started browsing and noticed all the ads, thought wtf. But yes once I logged in they all disappeared.

Just another benefit of the gold membership I guess :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Funnily enough I came on NSC on a different pc the other day, so not logged in, but forgot. started browsing and noticed all the ads, thought wtf. But yes once I logged in they all disappeared.

Just another benefit of the gold membership I guess :)

The overlay ad should only appear once per user/PC every 24 hours and no more. I don't check this as often as I should. I'll set myself a weekly diary note to do it.

There is a clear trade-off which I've never hidden: join NSC and login and you get fewer and less-intrusive ads. Don't join/login and you get more. They shouldn't make using NSC difficult however. As I say - I'll make sure I check more often that the ad network aren't being sneaky.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just tested it and the Santander overlay is appearing too much. An email has already gone to the ad agency to rectify that.

NeilS

Apr 12, 2012
That stupid ad with the strapline "As a woman, i can step aside, or I can step up the game".

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Virtually any ad on daytime tv which are all focused on the elderly.

Life insurance for the over 50s
Funeral Payment Plans
Equity Home release
Stair Lifts.......

All of which make you want to put off retiring just to avoid this deluge of ads.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Funeral Payment Plans
Equity Home release
Stair Lifts.......

All of which make you want to put off retiring just to avoid this deluge of ads.

ITV 3 addict, eh:wink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone on here moaning about UK TV ads being annoying should watch TV in the US for a bit - the content and the volume of ads make even the few watchable programmes virtually unwatchable. Insurance, medical stuff, diet plans, finance deals............all ENTHUSIASTICALLY SHOUTED at you very quickly by someone with impossibly white teeth and a rictus grin.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Funeral Payment Plans
Equity Home release
Stair Lifts.......

Have you hacked into my email inbox ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here