Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A big big night in the Championship

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
We have a winnable match at home, Reading, Huddersfield and most notably Newcastle could drop points.

Tuesday 14 February 2017

Aston Villa Barnsley
Brighton Ipswich
Derby Cardiff
Fulham Nottm Forest
Leeds Bristol City
Norwich Newcastle
Preston North End Birmingham
Rotherham Huddersfield
Sheff Wed Blackburn
Wolves Wigan
Reading Brentford

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Whilst I think they might be distracted by their cup tie with City, Away Rotherham is surely less of a potential banana skin than Home vs Ipswich?

We will be disappointed with less than 3 points, for sure. But on current form Huddersdfield should walk that one.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Huddersfield very unlikely to drop points at Rotherham, Reading fairly unlikely to at home to Brentford.

It's a night just to concentrate on three points for us.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Fancy Norwich to beat Newcastle, maybe Brentford getting a draw at Reading

Otherwise all 3's

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Could prove to be a big night if things don't go the way people anticipate. I think one if not two of the top four might drop points tonight. Let's hope we're not one of those teams.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Huddersfield should win but the fact it's a Yorkshire derby may help Rotherham, but wouldn't bank on it. Newcastle may only get a draw at Norwich though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't worry, I'll take one for the team and put a bet on Huddersfield, Reading and Newcastle all to win. That'll guarantee they all won't :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A big night for us negative betters.

Newcastle at 13/8 gives us a nice healthy 19(ish)/1 to lose by betting on them 'Field, Reading & Leeds.

#doingmybit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think possibly draw at both Reading and Norwich and Huddersfield to win so it is down to us getting 3 points in what will be a difficult match as last year proved.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Newcastle at 13/8 gives us a nice healthy 19(ish)/1 to lose by betting on them 'Field, Reading & Leeds.

#doingmybit.

Yep. I'll be on, too.

Haven't decided whether Leeds and/or Wednesday need to be included though.

#TakeOneForTheTeam

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We have a winnable match at home, Reading, Huddersfield and most notably Newcastle could drop points.

Tuesday 14 February 2017

Brighton Ipswich
Norwich Newcastle
Rotherham Huddersfield
Reading Brentford

You are clearly very much a 'glass half full' chap.

I'd say the chances of victory in those matches, for us, Reading and Huddersfield are all much the same.

Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday are still in the scrap, too. They'll both win tonight as well.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
I personally cannot see any of these teams doing anything else but win. Derby at home, should have enough to get past Cardiff, likewise Reading. I also think Newcastle will turn up with a point to prove and will turn Norwich over. This is my opinion of course and I will put my money where my mouth is and stick a tenner on the treble.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

#doingmybit.

I'm in too. No doubt the massive sacrifices we are making to try and help Albion on their way will become part of the club's folklore in due course :lol:

Last edited:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Doing £5 on reading, Newcastle and field to all win. Wacking an extra £20 free bet I have stored up on field as well. Hopefully that will show them

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I can't see Huddersfield walking away with anything buy three points tonight. Reading and Newcastle not quite so straight forward.

My bets with sky bet:
Newcastle to win, Huddersfield to win, Reading to win, us to draw = 34/1
Newcastle to win, Huddersfield to win, Reading to win, us to lose = 66/1

Put £2.50 on each. I don't care what the others do, as long as we win.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Don't worry, I'll take one for the team and put a bet on Huddersfield, Reading and Newcastle all to win. That'll guarantee they all won't :thumbsup:

Already done it. Reading are most likely to slip up because of the state of their pitch. Manager and players were blaming it after the draw with Barnsley.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Already done it. Reading are most likely to slip up because of the state of their pitch. Manager and players were blaming it after the draw with Barnsley.

It looked awful on the highlights on Saturday night. It can't help them as they only play 1 way - passing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here