Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

back on top tonight...!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't know about tonight (tomorrow), but Norwich seem to have done remarkably well to be so close to the play offs still after such a dismal run. I thought they'd have dropped right down the table, but they're still well in there.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Perhaps sounds mad, but I'd rather Huddersfield felt that they didn't have a chance of top two, if us and Newcastle keep winning it might dent their confidence.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I'd be more than happy to see Newcastle slip up. They have a tough few weeks coming up

Possibly Norwich could be the side to dent the confidence of the toon army. Gayle back could work, of course, one of two ways. He could be brilliant or ineffective with another breakdown in physicality. Lets hope it's the latter. Norwich are playing well with their own confidence.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Increasing the points difference between us and 3rd is the aim. Not bothered by the result from Carrow Road

It is the aim but tonight at least, we should want both. There's a distinct possibility we might need to overhaul Newcastle for automatic. They still have to play all but one of the top 9 with only 2 of those at home.

I still see them as favourites for automatic but would like them well and truly in the mix until we see the outcome of their 3 aways at us, Hudders and Reading. I get the argument that we want them to keep winning and take points of our rivals, but not yet for me!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Increasing the points difference between us and 3rd is the aim. Not bothered by the result from Carrow Road

How can you not be bothered by this result?

There are 16 matches to play, toon have already evidenced they are fragile. As others have suggested, it may just end up being them we have to overhaul.

We absolutely need Newcastle and Huddersfield to drop as many points as possible, all the while keeping Leeds and Reading in check.

Sorry to be the one to break it to you but we are no longer in a situation where we can afford the luxury of toon running away with it. We are in a THREE horse race, AGAIN, and i'd rather there be two places to play for than one.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

What complete nonsense.

If we match their results until we play them this month and then beat them at home, we'd be two points clear with only 12 games left.

They then follow up the game with us with trips away to reading and Huddersfield within the same week whilst we have Rotherham and forest away.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
All of these differing views, angles, opinions and permutations. Just goes to show one thing..........

squeaky-bum-time.png

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Let's worry about ourselves first and foremost. Villa had the same sort of confidence in their result prior to Saturdays game.

All about us, anything outside our control is a bonus.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

It's more than possible that Newcastle will finish 3rd, the way things are currently going. We DEFINITELY want them to drop points.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What complete nonsense.

If we match their results until we play them this month and then beat them at home, we'd be two points clear with only 12 games left.

They then follow up the game with us with trips away to reading and Huddersfield within the same week whilst we have Rotherham and forest away.

What a terrifyingly exciting thought.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
ok ....Naarch have just come off what can only be described as a demolition of forest who beat villa away previously......noocassel jagged a win at wolves , for this reason i will not be at all surprised if naaarch beat noooocassel tonight and thus i have taken a multibet of

villa 2-1 win
albion 2-1 win
derby 2-1 win
naaarch 1 noooocassell 1

$ 5 bet pays $ 22 , 376.25........ave itttt......:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here