Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WHC X: Semi Final 1 - Grasshopper Mouse Vs Salt Water Crocodile

Who's harder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
NSC, are you ready? You better be because this is semi final time. Two beasts stand one win away from the Animal Dome. Two wins away from lifting the Animal Bowl. And, my word, we have two magnificent beasts for you. Polar opposites. Large against small. Evolutionary perfection against an insane but beautiful evolutionary aberration. Apex predator against a crazed cannibalistic kill anything maniac.

You must think carefully before you vote, there is too much on the line to just toss your vote away. This is serious shit. For one creature there will be ecstasy. For the other despair.

48 hours, one vote, two beasts, one winner.

So, lets at it.

The Combatants:

Grasshopper Mouse

mouse_fightingcentipede_480x360.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grasshopper_mouse

Road to the semifinals:

Quarter final: Beat Shrew 69 - 28
2nd round: Beat Siberian Tiger 66 - 60
Group C: 1st (28 votes)

Grasshopper Mouse is looking to make his first appearance in the final. He's been an ever present in the knock out rounds since debuting in the tournament several years ago but has yet to take the final step (no pun intended...). It's surely going to happen sooner or later because this little fella is packing a huge package of WHC delights. First up he defends a huge territory(relative to his size) of 28 acres. He does this in a two fold manor. Firstly he stands on his hind legs and howls like a wolf. Yep, you read that right. A tiny mouse hols like a wolf. That's the warning siren. If you ignore it, you're basically ****ed. The GM means business and will go to town on you when he gets you. He will go bat shit crazy on any intruders and destroy them. He won't just kill them, he'll eat them. Even if you're a fellow GM. You encroach on his territory you get eaten. End of.

Anything else? Oh yeah, he loves taking on, killing and then eating poisonous scorpions, snakes and toxic centipedes. Unlike other competitors who are immune to various poisons the GM can be killed by the centipedes toxins...but still kills and eats him.

Is the GM heading for the final? It's in your hands.

VS

Salt Water Crocodile

saltwater-crocodiles-1.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saltwater_crocodile

Road to the semi finals:

Quarter final: Beat Alligator Snapping Turtle 48 - 42
2nd round: Beat Malayan Sun Bear 36 - 27
Group D: 1st (28 votes)

When it comes to the WHC there is probably no more illustrious competitor than the Salt Water Crocodile. He is a five times finalist, a double winner (back to back titles) and the reigning champion. He has not lost since 2014. He is looking to become the first beast to make three consecutive finals. But with formerly unbeaten legend Polar Bear being dumped out in the quarter finals and facing a competitor who has consistently secured more votes in each knock out round than himself the SWC knows he will be in one hell of a fight if he is to achieve the dream.

Luckily, the SWC is one hard *******. What's he got going for him you might wonder. Pretty much everything. He is an armour plated killing machine, possessing the most powerful bite of any animal anywhere in the world. He has his own world recognised killing move - the death roll. If you take the fight to him and succeed in tearing off a limb or his tail it is of no consequence to him. He can survive and indeed thrive without it/them. He can kill on land, in fresh water or in salt water. He can be incredibly quick and agile. He is happy to swim out deep into the ocean and ruck with sharks. Can be incredibly aggressive.

Does he have what it takes to make the WHC X final? It's in your hands...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This is a tasty match up. I've been Team Mouse all the way through, and I'm sticking with the little fella now. SWC is a worthy competitor though, deserved to take home the trophy the last 2 years.

I can see this being a tight contest. My big concern is GM losing votes to the "but the croc would just eat the mouse" brigade.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Behave. Your mouse would have it's butt kicked by an inanimate piece of cheddar. And not even a MATURE piece of cheddar at that

mousetrap-GETTY-444947.jpg

Humans can set traps for pretty much any animal. It's completely IRRELEVANT to this competition.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Both semi-finals look like they're going to be very close to call.

Not sure yet on this one. Difficult to compare two polar opposite creatures like this. Both are undoubtedly hard and deserve to be here.

I think the Crocs size works against him a bit here because the fact that he is indeed hard isn't much of a surprise, he should be hard, just look at him.

The cute little mouse that nobody would expect to be hard, is in fact a nutcase willing to fight creatures it shouldn't really be rucking with. That shows great strength of character, of which I don't think the SWC can match.

Would I be more scared of the Croc, or a grasshopper mouse the same size as the Croc? I'm really not sure!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Both semi-finals look like they're going to be very close to call.

Not sure yet on this one. Difficult to compare two polar opposite creatures like this. Both are undoubtedly hard and deserve to be here.

I think the Crocs size works against him a bit here because the fact that he is indeed hard isn't much of a surprise, he should be hard, just look at him.

The cute little mouse that nobody would expect to be hard, is in fact a nutcase willing to fight creatures it shouldn't really be rucking with. That shows great strength of character, of which I don't think the SWC can match.

Would I be more scared of the Croc, or a grasshopper mouse the same size as the Croc? I'm really not sure!

The one thing I take from this semi, is that the Honey Badger cannot win the title.

IF the croc is considered harder than the (completely fear-less mental) mouse, then it is definitely also harder than the HB.
IF the mouse wins this, then it has to beat the HB (should he make the final). Every possible argument for the HB rings that little bit truer for the smaller, even more batshit crazy mouse.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
The one thing I take from this semi, is that the Honey Badger cannot win the title.

IF the croc is considered harder than the (completely fear-less mental) mouse, then it is definitely also harder than the HB.
IF the mouse wins this, then it has to beat the HB (should he make the final). Every possible argument for the HB rings that little bit truer for the smaller, even more batshit crazy mouse.

I don't expect HB to win either. It has too many detractors, so when it comes down to it actually coming up against something that's hard it doesn't really stand a chance. Shame really.

The Honey Badger is, in my opinion, the craziest and nuttiest of them all. As far as I can tell you don't see the mouse take on numerous, far more intimidating creatures at the same time, in the same way the badger will take on a pride of lions. It's either insanely brave or just outright mental/stupid. The mouse exhibits similar traits for sure, but I'll be judging it on pound for pound hardness if/when it comes down to it.

I'm leaning towards the mouse in this match up at the moment but will hold off voting just in case!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A MOUSE that has a territory of 28 ACRES. The croc is ****ed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Fair points, although the HB does plenty of ****ing head mental things for it's size. Grasshopper Mouse vs Honey Badger would be a SUPERB final, and a true victory for WHC purists.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Fair points, although the HB does plenty of ****ing head mental things for it's size. Grasshopper Mouse vs Honey Badger would be a SUPERB final, and a true victory for WHC purists.

To match the territory (that the mouse defends with its life) relative to size, the badger would need to control an area the size of Texas*

*Not entirely scientific stats

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unless the mouse gets mugged by an OWL. Or a VOLE. Or a bit of CHEDDAR.

This competition has been running for 10 years. How can you still not understand how it works?!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here