Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Albion MATCH REPORT

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Match report, finished, just before the next one is due...

Read it here: http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?641-The-Albion-4-1-Burton-Albion

(if you want)

Close to 100 times more Brighton fans, bolstered by a cheap ticket offer. The Albion have sold THIRTY THOUSAND tickets. For a second tier, run-of-the-mill league game, against Burton Albion. Astonishing.

As the club marked the 20th anniversary of Fans United, interviewing Richard Vaughan pitch-side, and the North Stand raised their own banner tribute, you could only gaze about the place in utter wonder. Richard, for his seed of an idea, and the many other heroes of those times, dotted around the stadium, must have been bursting with pride. Warren Chrismas who germinated Richard’s idea. John Baine for spreading the word. Liz Costa. Ed Bassford. Many here to see it, others not – Roy Chuter. Sarah Watts. Legends all.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
As good as ever. And that is good.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I like the "clunk" noise on the goal-cam each time the ball hit the back of the net. Top-notch reporting as always.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
It's just like being there. Brilliant write-up. I may give up my season ticket.(NOT)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I enjoy reading these, thanks.
Regarding Solly, there should be a 5 minute compilation of all the skillz from everyone on Saturday, including Bruno's 'leave 2 of em for dead' turn. Especially the way Solly and Knockaert played themselves out of defence with one touch passing in the 2nd half.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Regarding Solly, there should be a 5 minute compilation of all the skillz from everyone on Saturday, including Bruno's 'leave 2 of em for dead' turn. Especially the way Solly and Knockaert played themselves out of defence with one touch passing in the 2nd half.

There was another second-half moment for your compilation:

Knockaert had a shot from a tight angle, beaten back at him by their keeper. Instead of controlling the ball, Knocky RABONAs it back across to the far post, where Bruno brings it down, knocking it first time round his man. (Sadly the bearded MAESTRO got thwarted by a second defender, spoiling what could have been a RIDICULOUS goal).

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Knockaert had a shot from a tight angle, beaten back at him by their keeper. Instead of controlling the ball, Knocky RABONAs it back across to the far post, where Bruno brings it down, knocking it first time round his man. (Sadly the bearded MAESTRO got thwarted by a second defender, spoiling what could have been a RIDICULOUS goal).

Ha, yes!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Can I add that delicious move down the right (they usually happen down the right) in the first half, with multiple first time touches between Bruno, Knockaert and Baldock, before Baldock was put through in the penalty area but was out-muscled or -run by their defender. Breathtaking.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can I add that delicious move down the right (they usually happen down the right) in the first half, with multiple first time touches between Bruno, Knockaert and Baldock, before Baldock was put through in the penalty area but was out-muscled or -run by their defender. Breathtaking.

Oh, you absolutely can. Good call. That was superb.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I think Knocky was trying to score........

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here