Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate valentines day...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That time of year again I hate Valentines day...

Now I love my wife dearly however for someone who is anti establishment, globalisation and a strong believer in women's equal rights and sexism throughout the world why does she like this manufactured day. The actual history of this day begins way back in roman times when from Feb. 13 to 15, the Romans celebrated the feast of Lupercalia. The men sacrificed a goat and a dog, then whipped women with the hides of the animals they had just slain !!!!

We don't need a special day to tell the women in our lives we love them that day should be everyday, not an over priced guilt trip day...

Just saying...

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Now I love my wife dearly however for someone who is anti establishment, globalisation and a strong believer in women's equal rights and sexism throughout the world why does she like this manufactured day. The actual history of this day begins way back in roman times when from Feb. 13 to 15, the Romans celebrated the feast of Lupercalia. The men sacrificed a goat and a dog, then whipped women with the hides of the animals they had just slain !!!!

We don't need a special day to tell the women in our lives we love them that day should be everyday, not an over priced guilt trip day...

Just saying...
Psycho, I just reckon you are too tight to buy her anything!:wink::)
Our wedding anniversary is on the 12th February, so I have no chance of 'forgetting' about Valentine's Day!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I hate it this year because the girlfriend is in New Zealand for 5 weeks and I have failed to organise a card for her to open over there. Worse still, it would have been easy to send one out with her best mate with whom she is travelling.Bad boyfriend!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I hate it this year because the girlfriend is in New Zealand for 5 weeks and I have failed to organise a card for her to open over there. Worse still, it would have been easy to send one out with her best mate with whom she is travelling.Bad boyfriend!

There must surely be a New Zealand version of funky pigeon / moonpig??

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's a bit of a pain trying to work out who all the cards are from but otherwise I like it.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

Send an electronic card you miserable sod.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Just saying...
You really haven't worked out women yet mate, they just want to feel a bit special to you once in a while.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I bought a card at the weekend, maybe just missed it previously but there were racks of 'Happy Valentines Day' cards for 'son', 'daughter' and other relatives. WTF ??? (No, I wasn't in Norfolk or Croydon either before you ask)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've never done anything for Valentines day.

I dated a girl who enquired what I was going to get her for Valentines day to which I replied "Nothing". She didn't believe me and was proper hacked off when the day rolled around. "I did tell you I wasn't getting you anything".

We broke up shortly afterwards.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here