Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City... chances of fixture change?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Re: Our last home game of the season - Bristol City - Saturday 29th April - 3pm

When exactly are tv dates finalised for April's fixtures please?

I want to book tickets for something on Friday 28th but worried that our game might be in line for yet another Friday night Sky tv change ( Derby will be our 5th bloody Friday night at home tv game!).

Hard to see a particular fixture that jumps out as an obvious choice at the moment: Possibly only Leeds v Norwich at a push.

Barnsley v Burton Albion
Birmingham City v Huddersfield Town
Blackburn Rovers v Aston Villa
Brighton and Hove Albion v Bristol City
Cardiff City v Newcastle United
Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Fulham v Brentford
Ipswich Town v Sheffield Wednesday
Leeds United v Norwich City
Preston North End v Rotherham United
Queens Park Rangers v Nottingham Forest
Reading v Wigan Athletic

I could really do with booking the show tickets asap, but don't want to end up missing the Bristol City game.

Anyone have a good idea at this stage whether we're likely to feature on the Friday or not please?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can't you book the show tickets and then sell them if the fixture changes?

I believe SKY have agreed to give 5 weeks notice of fixture changes.

No, not really.

Ok, thanks.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Rolling 5 weeks before fixtures from now till the end of the season. I would expect this one to be a Friday night in case its a crucial one.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I just hope it is not moved to 5.30 as I have a stag do on in the evening in the smoke.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I reckon this is absolutely 100% nailed on to be changed. As for when, 5 weeks before the date is when it will be announced.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I just hope it is not moved to 5.30 as I have a stag do on in the evening in the smoke.

I just hope the Champions of Europe take back their rightful place at the top of the tv charts. Lovely lingering shots of Delia too. Come on Sky, what's not to like? :thumbsup:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That's Bank Holiday weekend. Last season, we, Burnley (both Monday) and Middlesbrough (Friday) were all moved for TV that weekend. As it is five weeks ahead, it will need to be decided by the weekend of the international break and, if we are in a similar position to now, it is very unlikely we won't be on TV.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That's Bank Holiday weekend. Last season, we, Burnley (both Monday) and Middlesbrough (Friday) were all moved for TV that weekend. As it is five weeks ahead, it will need to be decided by the weekend of the international break and, if we are in a similar position to now, it is very unlikely we won't be on TV.

Could they do one of their 5 in a row thingies for that weekend do you think? So we could end up with anything from a Thursday through to Monday fixture? All a bit crazy really.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The fact is there is some chance of it being moved. If you book anything else then you're taking a gamble.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
By the time the game is announced we will still be locked int a title/promotion/playoff fight and Bristol City in a relegation scrap - nailed on to be moved.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Of course it will be moved. It could be the promotion decider.
BUT PLEASE Mr SKY MAN.....
Not Friday. It wont be a decider if the other teams haven't played. That said, I've got Wigan as the decider anyway so who cares.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Given it's the penultimate fixture, could be really useful to play after our rivals. BH lunchtime please, rest of the day to (potentially, of course) celebrate!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The fact is there is some chance of it being moved. If you book anything else then you're taking a gamble.

And if I wait until end of March to book other event then it'll probably have sold out. At that point it's Sod's law any fixture date switch turns out not to be a Friday anyway.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
By the time the game is announced we will still be locked int a title/promotion/playoff fight and Bristol City in a relegation scrap - nailed on to be moved.

And to think the day before we played City this season Lee Johnson stated in the press,that he thought Bristol were a year behind us in terms of progress...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Of course it will be moved. It could be the promotion decider.
BUT PLEASE Mr SKY MAN.....
Not Friday. It wont be a decider if the other teams haven't played. That said, I've got Wigan as the decider anyway so who cares.

Without getting too far ahead of ourselves... That's a very good point!
Potentially us and/or Newcastle would get a later switch date to say a 5.30pm Saturday, Sunday or the Monday.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Could they do one of their 5 in a row thingies for that weekend do you think? So we could end up with anything from a Thursday through to Monday fixture? All a bit crazy really.

Not sure that it will happen as they have plenty of games between Friday and Monday but you never know with Sky. We won't know for sure until end of March but it seems unlikely at the moment that we won't be on TV some time that weekend (and as others have said, when they've moved our home games it has often been to Friday night).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here