Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piers Morgan told to F off by Jim Jeffries

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mr Morgan is someone the world should ignore, 'king idiot.

I remeber how smug he was, when editing The Daily Mirror, mocking the Murdoch press for phone hacking, then . . . oh my!

He has charisma, and a brass neck, which means he can weasel his way through the cesspit of populist telly and publishing, where face-recognition and an ability to keep the sound coming out of the cake hole are enough to guarantee being invited back; grease for cash. He doesn't care about some bloke giving him the finger on telly; he's just working out how much this will increase his fee for the next time he parks his $2000 dollar suited arse on a couch in front of a camera.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I remeber how smug he was, when editing The Daily Mirror, mocking the Murdoch press for phone hacking, then . . . oh my!

He has charisma, and a brass neck, which means he can weasel his way through the cesspit of populist telly and publishing, where face-recognition and an ability to keep the sound coming out of the cake hole are enough to guarantee being invited back; grease for cash. He doesn't care about some bloke giving him the finger on telly; he's just working out how much this will increase his fee for the next time he parks his $2000 dollar suited arse on a couch in front of a camera.

I think you're right. Unfortunately Morgan sells. As is so often the case with these ********s they should be ignored, blanked, cast out but it will never happen unless he harms kids or beats his wife. He has pretty much got away with everything else.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Although I often feel I'd like to slap him in the mouth, it's good to see people that speak their minds. It makes viewing more interesting, otherwise we end up with a TV world full of Lorraine Kellys.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Jeffries is a great comedian. The addition of 'He worked up to it' after 'Hitler didn't kill the jews on the first day' had be in bits. Amazing that Morgan thought that he could use the patronising 'Don't be unpleasant, you're losing your audience' after Jeffries called him out on the motivation that has seen him abandon previously stated centre left views to suck up to his powerful right wing friend. Putting aside that Maher's audience has a left wing bias, he must know very little about Jim Jeffries professional career if he thinks that he is going to lose his audience by 'being unpleasant.' I suggest he researches this by starting with this very NSFW clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHcn-xKiA4

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Although I often feel I'd like to slap him in the mouth, it's good to see people that speak their minds. It makes viewing more interesting, otherwise we end up with a TV world full of Lorraine Kellys.

I agree but not with Morgan. I don't believe he is speaking his mind. He knows being seen as siding with Trump when most others are against Trump will get him air time. I think at best he's probably indifferent towards Trump but defending him bolsters the Morgan brand and makes him the villain to some and the hero to right wing rednecks who basically pay his wages. I question everything people like Morgan say and look for the angle because it will rarely be a sincere statement.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
https://www.buzzfeed.com/matthewcha...**-off-for-say?utm_term=.iiqlOGWBA#.efN8wBPKl

I don't actually think Jeffries showers himself in glory here, in fact I remember seeing him live and doing a routine about "Muzzas" himself but nice to see people are standing up to Trump apologists/arse kissers.

Jeffries routines about Muslims generally aren't about them as such, more perception of Muslims; though he makes a joke about he can't be one. However, he highlights often comics are free to attack christianity but never go for any other religion.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I agree but not with Morgan. I don't believe he is speaking his mind. He knows being seen as siding with Trump when most others are against Trump will get him air time. I think at best he's probably indifferent towards Trump but defending him bolsters the Morgan brand and makes him the villain to some and the hero to right wing rednecks who basically pay his wages. I question everything people like Morgan say and look for the angle because it will rarely be a sincere statement.

I must shamefacedly admit that I watched the Celebrity Apprentice that Morgan was on. It left me with the view that Morgan is completely motivated by having connections to money and power. The celebrity version of the US Apprentice is all about candidates calling in favours from other famous people in order to get the most money for charities. Morgan's contact list was incredible. If you are rich and powerful you can guarantee that Piers is your friend, or at least will have memorised your contact details so that he can use you when he can. With Trump he hit the jackpot. Not only was he rich and powerful, but he also has just the personality that would make him value toadying lickspittles. Morgan was like Smithers meeting Burns. The fact that he has gone on to become president is a dream come true for Piers who can bask in the reflected glory. The signs were there when he grew up in Sussex, but rejected the Albion for the reflected glory of Arsenal.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I must shamefacedly admit that I watched the Celebrity Apprentice that Morgan was on. It left me with the view that Morgan is completely motivated by having connections to money and power. The celebrity version of the US Apprentice is all about candidates calling in favours from other famous people in order to get the most money for charities. Morgan's contact list was incredible. If you are rich and powerful you can guarantee that Piers is your friend, or at least will have memorised your contact details so that he can use you when he can. With Trump he hit the jackpot. Not only was he rich and powerful, but he also has just the personality that would make him value toadying lickspittles. Morgan was like Smithers meeting Burns. The fact that he has gone on to become president is a dream come true for Piers who can bask in the reflected glory. The signs were there when he grew up in Sussex, but rejected the Albion for the reflected glory of Arsenal.

Perfect summary.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Buzzfeed, cancer of the internet.

Yes, it'a an awful site but can be handy to get a quick look at a vid. Obviously in this case it was the video I was after, not Buzzfeed's comments on it.

But thanks again for another stunning post that can join the canon of quick-witted, insightful, social commentary you have amassed over the months since Brexit and the weeks since Trump's election.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
JK Rowling's subsequent Twitter spat is even better. She has totally owned him. It's very funny.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
JK Rowling's subsequent Twitter spat is even better. She has totally owned him. It's very funny.

Yes, was lovely to read but again, he's a classic narcissist and genuinely lives for these spats, it feeds his ego and he gets a kick out of it.He would obviously rather be praised but if that is not forthcoming he's happy to go on telly and be ridiculed, shouted down or have cricket balls luzzed at his face if it means the spotlight is on him. He really is better off ignored.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think you're right. Unfortunately Trump sells. As is so often the case with these ********s they should be ignored, blanked, cast out but it will never happen unless he harms kids or beats his wife. He has pretty much got away with everything else.

Changing just one name in your post doesn't *******ise things too much does it? We now live in a heavily mediatised age, and we have to concede that Trump and Morgan are very good at projecting themselves to an audience through it while, at the same time, rankling a different constituency.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Despite telling Piers Morgan to F off. When he woke up this morning the Donald was still the president of the United States of America for the next four years. Now that is funny :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here